Risk and Compliance Graduate Scheme 2021
As a global top 10 law practice with 69 offices in 32 countries, Eversheds Sutherland provides legal advice and solutions to an international client base which includes some of the world’s largest multinationals. We operate seamlessly to deliver the know-how and strategic alignment that clients need from their advisors to help further their business interests.
Over the past decade, the risk and compliance function in law firms has developed into a broad field, offering a range of technical specialisms and an exciting alternative career path in law for those who do not wish to qualify as lawyers. We have created this innovative new grad scheme (the Scheme) to provide an opportunity for high performing graduates who are interested in developing a career in risk and compliance, to join the fast-paced risk and compliance team at one of the world’s leading law firms.
- the Scheme will last for two years, during which you will called a “Risk & Compliance Analyst”
- during the Scheme, you will spend approximately six months in each of the four participating sub-teams within Risk & Compliance (details below). Each sub-team focuses on a different specialism which will ensure that you get a varied, rich experience and develop a good breadth of knowledge over the duration of the Scheme
- you will start the Scheme in one of the four sub-teams (which will be agreed prior to commencement of the Scheme) and this will serve as your “home team”. You will complete your induction and spend your first six months with your home team, which is also where your buddy and mentor will be based. You will subsequently rotate around the three other sub-teams at approximately six monthly intervals, with regular performance check-ins throughout. You will ultimately be based in your home team on completion of the Scheme.
- during the course of the Scheme you will attend various skills-based training (such as presentation skills, personal brand, effective communication, etc.)
- in the second year of the Scheme, you will be supported in obtaining a relevant professional qualification from an accredited third party provider (e.g. International Compliance Association certification in Financial Crime Prevention, Anti-Money Laundering or Regulatory Compliance). The subject matter of the qualification or course will relate to the permanent role you will ultimately carry out upon completion of the Scheme
- upon completion of the Scheme, you will take up a permanent position in your home team . Subject to adequate performance on the Scheme, you will be promoted to Senior Risk & Compliance Analyst
- following completion of the Scheme, you will continue to develop in your permanent role, and work with your line manager to build a suitable development plan in support of further progression within the team. You will still benefit from the same extensive training and development opportunities as others in the team, in line with the firm’s overarching learning and development framework
- Note: this Scheme will not result in qualification as a solicitor.