Bright Network Fast Track: Assurance Graduate Programmes
Apply for the Bright Network Fast Track and bring your confidence for dealing with people and great organisational skills to our Assurance teams to help local and global businesses publish reliable financial accounts. You’ll get hands-on experience from day one, and will develop personally and professionally as you progress towards becoming a chartered accountant. As a Bright Network member, you’ll be fast tracked for these programmes, meaning you’ll benefit from a shorter application process. Read on to find out more.
What is Assurance at EY?
Our Assurance teams analyse the data behind our clients’ businesses to give them, their investors and regulators a clear picture of how they’re performing.
What will you be doing?
Within Assurance you have a choice of four programmes: Assurance, IT Risk Assurance - Technology Risk, Extended Assurance or Business Risk Services, so you can specialise in the work that most interests you. Across these programmes you could be:
- Getting to know our clients’ businesses, their strengths and weaknesses
- Taking ownership for testing and reviewing the effectiveness of key financial and operational controls and reviewing business processes
- Responsible for helping to communicate the impact of your results and recommendations for improvement directly with clients
- Developing your data management, extraction, analysis and visualisation skills
- Developing skills and ideas to lead teams and projects in the future
- Working with cutting-edge technologies
- Sharing analyses and solutions with clients
You may also be required to take on more work, and you should be amenable to longer hours and spending a greater amount of time working away from home, particularly during busy season. You can expect to spend a high proportion of your time on client site too.
As you progress you’ll also take on greater responsibilities. You may become your client’s main contact, regularly working from their offices and spotting profitable business opportunities to take the lead on too.
Along the way you’ll study, shadow senior colleagues and you could even go on secondments, supported by your own personal counsellor who’ll help guide your growth. This kind of exposure, together with working towards your qualifications, will open up many more opportunities within EY and beyond.
Do you have the eye for detail needed to work in assurance?
Our programmes have different entry requirements. For some, you’ll need an honours degree in any subject, while others will require a subject relevant to your business area. You’ll also need a minimum of Level 2/GCSE (or equivalent) in English Language & Maths, three A-levels, 5 Highers or equivalent by the time the programme starts.
Here are the streams you can apply to and their locations.
- Assurance (September 2020 start). Available locations: Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Edinburgh, Hull, Leeds, Liverpool, Luton, Manchester, Newcastle, Reading, Southampton
- Technology Risk (IT Risk and Assurance). Available locations: Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester
- Business Risk Services. Available locations: Edinburgh, Manchester
Note: London roles are no longer part of the Fast Track
About the Bright Network Fast Track
This process is for Bright Network members and allows you to miss the online portal stage 'Learning for a changing world' (Please be aware that all candidiates are required to take the Numerical Reasoning Test) when you're recommended to EY by Bright Network. This will shorten the time it takes to complete the full application process by approximately an hour and a half.
To get started, fill in a short initial application form and answer one motivational question by clicking the apply now button.
If your initial application is successful, we’ll provide details of how to proceed to EY’s application as a fast track candidate.
Note: If you’ve applied for EY previously within the last 6 months, unfortunately, you will be unable to apply for this Fast Track opportunity but you can still apply directly via EY’s website.
EY's programmes last 2-3 years depending on business area. You'll also gain professional qualifications in your specialisation and, depending on the programme, a level 7 Apprenticeship in accountancy and taxation (equivalent to a master’s degree). Liz, a 2nd year Assurance graduate programme, said “I’m constantly learning, in an industry that is ever-changing”. Click the link below to start your application - they recruit year-round on a rolling basis.
Want some advice on applying to EY - please visit their Academy Module here.