Civil Engineering Placement Ireland 2024
We have been in operation for over 80 years, have over 45 active site locations and offices across Ireland, Scotland & England. Working on projects with a value of £5m - £300m across both construction and civils markets.
We build, we transform, and we connect. Our people are at the core of everything we do. Our culture is one which fuels innovation, transparency, and inclusivity.
You will carry-out daily site duties and report into the senior site engineers. Working alongside experts in all areas of the business you will develop your knowledge and understanding of your assigned project. Through mentoring and coaching you will be given numerous opportunities and challenges which will help support you build a career in a fast paced and stimulating industry
Travel is expected as part of this role to construction sites, company fixed locations and other project related needs.
As a Placement Civil Engineer, you will be responsible for
- Undertaking surveys and setting-out on site
- Preparation of drawings and calculations to ensure quality control and compliance procedures are adhered to for engineering
- Monitoring construction progress to ensure that deadlines are being met
- Liaising with clients and carrying out site investigations
- Coordinating with engineers, subcontractors, and other parties involved in the construction project to ensure that all work is completed according to specifications.
- Liaising with quantity surveyors about the ordering and the pricing of materials
- Ensuring that health and safety and sustainability policies and legislation are adhered to.
What we can offer you
Joining one the of leading construction and civil engineering contractors you will be provided with the opportunity to deliver on projects that play an important role in the everyday lives of people in the UK and Ireland. Our employees are at the core of everything we do, with this in mind we have our own in-house Learning & Development division who can offer you bespoke career toolkits & pathways.
In addition to a competitive base salary and car allowance we can also offer a wide range of benefits, some of the key ones being:
- Payment of an annual professional membership
- Contributory pensions plan up to 6%
- Health Shield (Medical & Dental Cover included)
- Access to discounts
- 24/7 counselling and support health line
- Annual Health & Well Being Events
- 30+ Annual leave days
Due to locations of some of your projects, it may mean that you are required to live away from home. We are here to make this as seamless as possible, therefore we cover all accommodation costs, provide you with a daily allowance and cover travels costs (as set out in our living away from home policy)
Your required skills and experience
- Hold a Civil Engineering Degree with a 2:2 or higher
- Hold a full UK driving license
- Passionate about starting a career in the civils industry
- High attention to detail coupled with meticulous planning and organisational skills
- Demonstrate a strong interest in all aspects of engineering and looking for a dynamic workplace that provides an outstanding career opportunity
- Excellent good communication skills, be able to work flexibly in a team and be a hard worker