Commercial Analyst Placement Leeds 2021
FDM Group is a global professional services provider, with a focus on IT. We are the market leader in the Recruit, Train and Deploy industry, working with over 160 clients across multiple sectors including media, finance and travel. Renowned for our dynamic Careers Programme, we transform graduates, returners to work and ex-forces personnel into IT and business professionals, giving them the opportunity to kick-start an exciting new career. We are proud of our emphasis on diversity and inclusion, as we have grown exponentially throughout Europe, North America and Asia.
The commercial analyst will report to the UK Commercial Manager and will work within our commercial function. The role will be multifaceted involving both scheduled and ad hoc work. You will predominantly be working on UK projects but also have the chance to be involved in global projects. Your work will vary and could involve the following: implementing new initiatives, producing and analysing reports, forecasting, managing pipelines, supporting with bids, scheduling events and audit projects. Furthermore, you will be a vital member of the commercial team liaising with both internal departments and consultants.
During the year there is the opportunity to understand all aspects of the business. As the role is multidimensional, the ideal person needs to be adaptable, organised, analytical and be able to prioritise. Additionally, as you will work with sensitive information and senior stakeholders, you need to be working with integrity, take initiative and be an excellent communicator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Building effective relationships with the Commercial function and the Academy team.
- Creating and updating reports on business relevant matters.
- Keeping up to date with predictions and pipelines for relevant commercial departments.
- Analysing reports relevant to the commercial sector.
- Resourcing contractors.
- Providing figures and taking minutes in Departmental, UK and EMEA wide meetings.
- Organising events for trainees to keep them up to date with business matters.
- Liaising with both consultants and the sales department to ensure clear communication is maintained and consultants are placed.
- Degree discipline – studying Mathematics, Economics or any degree with high focus on a methodical and analytical approach and on track to achieve a 2:1 classification.
- Communication - demonstrate skills in effective verbal and written professional communication; professional and outgoing approach; appropriate level of report writing and professional email communication; confidence when delivering presentations.
- Adaptability – able to be flexible, managing multiple tasks in a professional manner.
- Valuing Others - work individually and collaboratively within the team and wider organisation; show respect and courtesy towards colleagues irrespective of grade or hierarchy; support other team members; establish, build and maintain relationships across all levels of the organisation; value cultural and ethnic diversity; be aware of the impact of your decisions on colleagues.
- Results Oriented - prioritise and manage tasks/time in order to meet deadlines; pay attention to detail, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines; be self-motivated, take ownership and show initiative.
- Research – able to gather external and internal data to incorporate impacts of current events into reports; have a methodical approach to gathering, understanding and analysing data.
- Microsoft Office Suite – able to confidently use Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
- Values – embodies FDM’s values in their daily life.
Familiarity with the following
- Power BI
- Office 365
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of what we value as an organisation. FDM Group is an equal opportunities employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other status protected by law. Our recruitment team are happy to support with any reasonable adjustments that are needed within the recruitment process.