About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers world class investment solutions and retirement expertise. We are a privately owned, independent company, with the commitment and resources to provide the investment expertise, technology and service innovation needed to help our clients achieve their financial goals.
Our people are passionate, engaged, smart and curious, and we give them the independence and the confidence to make a difference. While we take pride in the excellence of our investment solutions and client service, we know we can always do better. We are honest, respectful and make tough calls, challenging the status quo to achieve better outcomes through innovation. Above all else, we always put our clients first.
All of our people must be able to demonstrate affinity with the Fidelity core values:
Innovation – Being willing to experiment and try new and better ways to serve our clients.
Integrity – Taking personal responsibility for always acting in the best interests of our clients.
Excellence – Striving to be the best while knowing we can always be better next time.
All of our people must be able to operate in accordance with our behaviours:
Commitment – We are committed to our clients and proud to work for Fidelity. We push through obstacles to make things happen; we make decisions quickly and thoughtfully. We are individually committed to building a culture of excellence.
Collaboration – We collaborate with colleagues, seek alternative views, invite different ideas and always challenge traditional thinking. This approach allows us to create a whole that is much greater than the sum of its parts.
Client Focus – We are expected to, and measured on, our ability to put our client first. We go the extra mile to understand their needs and strive to exceed their expectations. We listen carefully, we communicate clearly, and we’re quick to respond. We’re respectful of the trust placed in us to manage their money.
Technology Department overview - Technology Infrastructure Services
In a digital, fast changing world, will you help differentiate us from the competition?
It’s a technological world – our clients want to engage with us using creative websites, great apps and through a first class customer service team, all supported by best in class technology solutions that keep their data secure. We pride ourselves on being a technology-powered organisation where technology is at the heart of everything we do. Our teams are focussed and nimble to react quickly to changing market conditions. We embrace a “start-up” approach, supported by a large, global organisation that nurtures great talent. We value a diverse workforce that drives different opinions and great ideas, leading to innovation, creativity and measured risk taking.
If you are passionate about delivering change in a technological world, look to Fidelity
Technology Infrastructure Services (TIS): is responsible for managing all infrastructure components globally, supporting business delivery projects and delivering TIS projects.
The function is divided into six core disciplines:
Service Management - Major Incident Management, Problem and Change Management functions and 24/7 Bridge Operations.
Technology Architecture and Engineering – define and drive overall Technology Architecture and Infrastructure strategy, alongside scope, design and engineering of Infrastructure solutions.
Project Delivery - supporting the business by managing the delivery of infrastructure elements of change projects, along with the management of the Technology Infrastructure portfolios.
Network, Voice and Market Data - design, engineering, implementation and operational support of infrastructure related to global network technologies, UK Data Centres and market data services.
Core Infrastructure and Collaboration Services - Design, engineering, implementation and operational support for infrastructure related to Platform (Wintel, Linux and Unix), Storage, Backup, IAAS, PaaS, Digital, Web & Middleware, Collaboration and Data Services.
Purpose of your role
- Working across a breadth of technologies you will assist with building, running and designing a number of our key technology infrastructures and services working with a multi-skilled team
- You will work across a multitude of Technology groups to deliver capabilities, services and support
- You will assist with setting strategic direction for our infrastructure services
- You will be coding and developing “Infrastructure as Code” services and working on automation / self-service initiatives
- Assist in defining metrics, monitoring and reports that fidelity will use and consume as part of the asset management function
- This role exists within the Platforms, Strategy, Asset & Storage function - you will be exposed to other functional areas that provide foundational infrastructure technologies to the business
- Ultimately this function will develop data driven infrastructure -> the ability to understand our technologies as a science - and make decisions on roadmap and technology based on real metrics
- Working within an infrastructure delivery team, you will
- Bridge a number of infrastructure technologies and develop services for users to consume. This will be done by using coding and automation skills that you will develop on the job and with training.
- Build capabilities for specific technology areas - initial focus would be on our Hyper Converged infrastructure
- Focus on automation of current manual activities / processes to enable us to become more efficient as a technology service provider
- Key technology areas that you will have exposure to / learn / understand are;
- Data Services
- Platforms (Operating systems such as UNIX, Windows (server & desktop))
- Virtualisation technologies
- Storage & Backup
- End User Tech
- You will also have opportunity to spend time within the various platforms team learning about the technologies they offer, understand in detail and support the fidelity business with these domain areas
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Minimum of 3 C Grades at A2 Level
- Exposure to some technology
- Completed technology course / Associated qualification
- Basic Coding / scripting / development skills will be useful - A focus on Python would be highly useful
- Likes asking “why”
- Enjoys working through complex tasks & problems
- Be a self-starter and have a desire to “go and find things that need fixing”