Graduate Production Editor 2022
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity encouraging an environment where employees can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective. Fitch is also committed to supporting its employees by advancing conversations around diversity, equity and inclusion. Fitch’s Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) have been established by employees who have joined together as a workplace community based on similar backgrounds or life experiences. Fitch’s ERGs are available to connect employees with others within the organization to offer professional and personal support.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Solutions provides data, research and analytics that help clients excel at managing their credit risk, offer deep insight into the debt investment market, and provide comprehensive intelligence about the macroeconomic environment. All available on our platform, Fitch Connect, designed and built using our credit, macro and industry expertise to help you make more informed decisions.
About the role
We are recruiting a Graduate Production Editor to work for Fitch Solutions in London or Manchester. The successful candidate will report into the Production Manager and contribute to the day-to-day management of the outsource Production team as well as proactively supporting all areas of the Country Risk & Industry Research content portfolio. Ensuring that final print reports meet their scheduled publication dates, the Production Editor will co-ordinate with the Editorial, Sub-Editorial and Production teams to track content workflows in our bespoke content management system from submission to publication.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, deadline focused and highly organized, while remaining adaptive and flexible. Good communication skills and an ability to work within a CMS-driven environment are essential.
Main duties & Responsibilities
- Support the day-to-day management of the Production outsource team.
- Support the delivery of quarterly report schedules and manage delivery processes and workflows across multiple platforms.
- Work closely with the Production Manager to schedule and manage the Production team’s workload, including daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly publication deadlines for both online and print publications.
- Track report submissions within a cross-departmental CMS, ensuring overall publishing deadlines are met.
- Coordinate and monitor production schedules with Editorial and Sub-editorial teams, communicating effectively across international offices and various time zones.
- Contribute to and support delivery of custom research projects (DTP & Indesign)
- Design & Produce Infographics, Icons & Imagery for Research content (Adobe Suite)
- Manage own daily and weekly workloads.
- Participate in the tracking of departmental objectives.
- Troubleshoot across the product portfolio to clear obstructions and resolve delays.
- Contribute as necessary to Production process improvements and guidelines.
Skills & Experience
- Experience working with a content management system
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Recent experience working with production workflow processes
- Excellent scheduling and reporting skills
- Working knowledge of MS Excel and Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Design skills – Image manipulation, icon creation, redesign
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines
- Experience of quality control, with a strong eye for detail
- Ability to work under pressure and manage own time effectively
- Keen interest in publishing
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.