Junior Marketing and Business Development Representative
At Flexciton, we are leading the 4th industrial revolution by bringing A.I. to manufacturing. We build on pioneering research to completely revolutionise the way the manufacturing industry operates. Whilst only a young startup, we work with some of the largest and most advanced manufacturers in the world!
We are here to transform the way the largest semiconductor companies in the world make their products, by building a platform that is solving an extremely difficult problem - one that would be impossible for a human to solve. We were recently voted one of the world’s most disruptive companies on the 2018 Disrupt 100 List.
Our vision is to bring Flexciton optimisation technology to every factory in the world to enable manufacturing to operate at a level never before possible.
About the role
We’re looking for a motivated Junior Marketing and Business Development representative who will be an exceptional addition to our small commercial team of 4. As our Junior Marketing & BD representative, you will be working closely with both our marketing and sales team and will contribute significantly to our long-term business growth.
Some of the responsibilities for this role:
Business Development tasks
- Lead Generation:
- searching and qualifying leads through our outbound and inbound lead generation process (including direct message through LinkedIn, cold calls and emails) and marketing campaigns (owned & paid channels, webinars, events, etc)
- Profiling target lists and defining key stakeholders, decision makers, gatekeepers.
- Meet quote for qualified leads and sales meetings
- Sales Pipeline
- Building and nurturing relationships with prospects
- Set up sales meetings between prospective clients and commercial team
- Take full ownership of the CRM and keep it up to date
- Assist the Commercial team and CEO in various sales activities such as creating content for sales meetings, decks and research.
- Marketing Content:
- developing and/or executing newsletter/nurturing emails, technical blog posts, articles, case studies, eBooks and white papers as lead magnets and other digital content for our website and social media platforms
- Marketing Automation – executing and evaluating marketing automation processes for lead generation & lead nurturing
- Data & analytics - owning and maintaining CRM with high attention to details
- Market Insights - performing market & target audience research to identify growth opportunities
- Assist Senior Marketing Manager with:
- developing marketing programs, branding campaigns and owned marketing channels (website, social media profiles)
- growing relevant audience on social media & company website for the inbound lead generation
- the production of marketing materials and sales collateral
- the organisation of events, exhibitions, seminars/webinars
What your first 3-6 months will look like:
- You will be familiar with Flexciton Technology and the Semiconductor market
- You will understand internal processes
- You will be familiar with CRM process (3 months) and take the full ownership of HubSpot (6 months)
- Become familiar with current sales pipeline and models
- Deliver lead generation KPIs
- Execute 1 marketing campaign or project
Key requirements for this role:
- STEM background with experience working in marketing/sales - we’re looking for someone who will have a good at understanding of technical concepts.
- Ideally 1+ years of experience in a Marketing and/or business development or lead generation role
- Very good command of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Adobe CC (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) would be an advantage but not essential
- You have an autonomous, self-motivated and proactive mindset
- You have an affinity to work towards targets and KPIs with a strong commitment to succeed
- You’re a great communicator, whether it’s written or verbal communication over online, phone or via email
- You’re a problem solver - but know when to seek help if you’re stuck
- Growth mindset - willing to learn quickly, and embrace feedback
- You’re highly organised, efficient, and capable of managing and prioritising a diverse workload
Why join us
We’re still a young startup (~27 employees, ~50% engineers) but we’re at an inflection point. Our software is running live and providing gains in a world class semiconductor factory and we will soon be scaling to many more. We are expecting to grow the engineering team several fold in the coming years so this is an extremely exciting time to join. If you’re not interested in writing yet another CRUD app and are looking for some unique challenges and complex problems to solve then this is the place for you.
We were recently voted one of the world’s most disruptive companies on the Disrupt 100 List and are well funded with the aim to take even more funding in the coming months to support our ambitious growth plan. Our biggest asset, though, is our people. We have an open culture where everyone’s opinion is heard and everyone has the opportunity to shape the future of our technology. At our size, every developer is crucial and has a big impact on our final product.
Finally, we are having a big impact on the world. The factories we optimise create things that are all around us. They’re in the device you’re reading this on and countless other devices in your home. They’re used in healthcare, aviation, automotive, robotics, communications, IoT and many more and they’re in limited supply making our software even more vital to our customers who are under pressure to increase output. In short, there’s never been a better time to join Flexciton.
We aim to create an awesome environment for our people to thrive. We want to offer great career potential and of course other little benefits in return for your hard work!
- Stock Options, so when we make it big you do!
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays (an extra day of holiday for every year of service after 2 years - up to 30 days!)
- We're in WeWork space so perks available such as Barista, Yoga, Free Beer
- L&D budget of £500 per year to invest in your growth
- Monthly Team Lunch and Dinner
- Annual Team Trip
- Season Ticket Loan/Cycle to Work Scheme
- A range of perks and discounts through CharlieHR
At Flexciton, we value diversity and foster an inclusive environment. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and we want to ensure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation during the process, please do not hesitate to let us know.