Assistant Controller Graduate 2021
Franke is a world leading provider of products and solutions for residential kitchens and bathrooms, professional foodservice and coffee preparation established in 40 countries. At Franke, we want to make everything we do wonderful - from what we manufacture and design, to the way we deal with our partners, customers and each other.
Franke Home Solutions is the world’s leading provider of intelligent systems for food preparation and cooking, including sinks, taps, hoods, worktops, and cooking appliances. Systems designed to make every kitchen wonderful!
What you'll do
As a part of our Graduate and Early Career Program (GEC), this role is truly multidisciplinary and covers the core base of financial controlling for a Cluster of countries. In addition, you will be involved in the added layer of commercial finance, working on projects that directly impact on the success of our local and global business.
At Franke, we understand how important it is to get exposure, learn and develop early in your career. We support and prepare you to take on a role in one of our divisions or matrix functions after successful completion of the GEC program (12-18 months). GEC participants deliver projects with impact on our local and global business, working cross-functionally / divisionally with great exposure to senior leadership.
We are looking for a proactive, highly motivated and collaborative colleague to join our ambitious team. This position reports to the Cluster Head of Finance & Controlling, based in Manchester, UK.
Our 12-18 month tailored GEC experience enables you:
- You will deliver projects that have an impact on our local and global business – right from the very beginning
- As you develop, we will increase your responsibilities and assign challenging projects to you to accelerate your professional development and personal growth
- You will have the opportunity to influence stakeholders, bring your strategic thinking and your creativity into play and challenge the status quo
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Production and review of monthly forecast files (in Excel)
- Analysis of weekly cash forecasting
- Production and review of month end files (in Excel) including consolidation files for the Cluster countries
- Production of monthly balance sheet reconciliation files with comments and analysis
- Assisting with the implementation of the high-level credit control strategy
- Assisting in the production and analysis of the annual budget
- Assisting in the preparation of the statutory accounts
- Reporting of KPI's with review and comments (stock/ credit control/ margins/ overheads/ channels)
- Production of overheads analysis
- Production of VAT returns and analytical review
- Manage technical accounting issues (regulations/ policies update)
- Liaising with external auditors and assisting with the audit process
- Be part of the internal control framework, for example, ensuring that new vendor accounts are set up and then maintained appropriately
- Maintain/ manage customer contracts via CCM in SAP
- Prepare order books and sales reports for Cluster countries
- Generate/ process/ reconcile purchase orders for indirect spend
- Stock costings in SAP
Main Requirements and Competencies
- A proactive and questioning attitude, driven to inspire change
- A BA Honours degree, preferably in areas related to finance and controlling. A Masters Degree in a relevant field will be an advantage.
- Experience of working in a commercial environment, ideally in a finance related position
- A good understanding of how Finance can influence and drive the business forward
- A willingness to travel and work abroad if required by the business
- Languages: Fluent in English (written and spoken) is a prerequisite, other languages are an asset
- A genuine interest in our business and an eagerness to discover and learn about different functions and roles within Franke
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills
- Strong team player skills, with the ability to learn quickly
- The willingness and desire to push yourself out of your comfort zone
- A strong desire to be part of a global team and to put your ideas into action
- The legal right to work in the UK
- Access to the FRANKE ACADEMY with a broad range of trainings to improve technical as well as soft skills and general knowledge of the company and products;
- Individual coaching and support;
- Individual mentoring from a senior leader;
- Shadowing a senior leader;
- Support from a growing GEC community;