Middle East & North Africa Research Internship 2022
FrontierView is a leading market intelligence and advisory firm that supports the international growth mandates of multinationals in the Healthcare, Consumer, B2B, and Technology sectors. FrontierView provides clients with a range of subscription offerings as well as custom research solutions to help inform their strategic planning, market growth and ongoing market monitoring initiatives. FrontierView is headquartered in Washington, DC with offices in London and Singapore.
At FrontierView, we are invested in working collectively from all corners of the globe to meet the dynamic challenges of changing market conditions and the ever-evolving business priorities of our client executives. In our three offices around the world, our leadership strives to create a culturally diverse, stimulating, and creative atmosphere where every employee can reach their individual best. FrontierView offers a competitive salary, bonus, and comprehensive benefit plan.
Job Description & Key Responsibilities
The intern will report to the Director of MEA Research, and will be responsible for supporting the team’s monitoring of economic, regulatory and political developments in the Middle East and Africa region.
Day-to-day responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Conducting primary and secondary research to monitor macroeconomic, competitive, and regulatory developments in the MEA region and analyzing their implications on multinational companies
- Supporting the creation of analysis and presentations that advise high level executives in multinational companies on business implications of economic and political developments in the MEA region
- Writing research deliverables that are concise and impactful for a senior executive reader
To further the intern’s development, we will
- Expose interns to different facets of emerging markets research
- Provide a stimulating and collaborative work environment
- Develop interns’ research and analytical skills based on their areas of interest
- Provide intern opportunity to listen in on discussions with senior executives, to see how firms utilize macroeconomic analysis in their business planning
- Provide constructive feedback and coaching to ensure skill development
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will possess
- A Bachelor's or preferably a Master’s degree from a top-tier academic institution
- Demonstrated knowledge of the MEA region through academic and/or professional research experience. An understanding of the current socio-political and economic environment in the region is particularly key
- Excellent communication skills in English (writing, editing, and presenting) are required
- Working proficiency in Arabic, and/or French strongly preferred
- Strong economics knowledge, demonstrated through academic coursework or practical experience. Candidates should be able to apply macroeconomic principles to real-life country developments and draw conclusions about future trends and implications
- Demonstrated research experience (in academic or professional setting) including hypothesis-testing, structuring complex research projects, primary and secondary research, survey-building, and other research techniques
- Familiarity with excel and quantitative economic analysis
- Personal experience in the MEA region, including traveling, studying, or working in key markets in the region
- Strong problem solving skills
- Robust interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent writing skills
- A team-oriented mindset
This position will be located in our London office. Ideal candidates will be located in the London area. Eligibility to work in the U.K is required.