Russia/CIS Research Internship 2022
Who we are
FrontierView is a leading market intelligence and advisory firm that supports the international growth mandates of multinationals in the Healthcare, Consumer, B2B, and Technology sectors. FrontierView provides clients with a range of subscription offerings as well as custom research solutions to help inform their strategic planning, market growth and ongoing market monitoring initiatives. FrontierView is headquartered in Washington, DC with offices in London and Singapore.
At FrontierView, we are invested in working collectively from all corners of the globe to meet the dynamic challenges of changing market conditions and the ever-evolving business priorities of our client executives. In our three offices around the world, our leadership strives to create a culturally diverse, stimulating, and creative atmosphere where every employee can reach their individual best.
We are currently seeking graduate-level interns to join our Europe research team, with a focus on supporting our Russia and CIS research practice based in London. Selected candidates will be required to work part-time (20 hours per week). Starting and ending dates are flexible depending on candidates’ availability, although we are ideally looking for interns available to start immediately. Qualified individuals with a passion for emerging markets are strongly encouraged to apply.
The intern will support our head of Europe research directly, with a primary focus on analyzing Russia and CIS markets. This will include news monitoring, analysis of ongoing macroeconomic and political trends and their impact on businesses, putting together written materials for an executive audience, and gathering and analyzing macroeconomic data. On occasion, the intern may support our Central and Western Europe research practice, but the majority of their time will be spent focused on Russia/CIS.
Day-to-day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting secondary research and news monitoring and analysis
- Analyzing business implications of macroeconomic, political, and policy trends across Eastern Europe (primary focus on Russia, plus additional analysis on Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan)
- Writing research deliverables that are concise and impactful for a senior executive reader
To further the intern’s development, we will:
- Expose interns to different facets of emerging markets research on a regional and industry-specific basis
- Provide a stimulating and collaborative work environment
- Develop interns’ research and analytical skills
- Provide interns with exposure to multinationals’ operations by shadowing client calls and presentations
- Provide constructive feedback and coaching to ensure skill development
Qualifications & experience
The successful candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor's or preferably enrolled in a Master’s degree program from a top-tier academic institution; candidates with degrees in regional studies, economics, or international relations are particularly encouraged to apply
- A strong background in macroeconomics
- Strong research, writing, and analytical skills
- Russian language fluency is a must
- Familiarity with the region through studies, personal experience, or travel
- Quick learner
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Excellent writing skills in English
- A team-oriented mindset
Our teams are currently working remotely due to Covid-19, but this position will ultimately be based in the United Kingdom. We are open to remote or those interested in working from our London office. Ideal candidates will already be located in and eligible to intern in the UK. To be considered, interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter.
FrontierView is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.