Graduate Writer (Finance) London 2022
We’re looking for a talented journalism graduate to join the Future team on our graduate entry programme. As a graduate staff writer on finance you’ll work with a supporting team to deliver high quality content on the topic of personal finance to multiple Future publications including Money Week, Ideal Home, Tech Radar, The Money Edit, Woman & Home, Marie Claire and many more.
About the role
You’ll be working alongside some of the best finance journalists in the country. With their help, you will build valuable experience on top of the training you already have - learning from both well-known experts in personal finance, and from business teams who help make sure Future’s publications reach 1 in 23 people across the globe daily, and enjoy profitable growth.
With your content, you will help our audiences understand the personal finance issues which impact their day to day lives, giving clear, balanced insight which will help them make their financial decisions. Whether the reader is making an investment, buying a home or choosing an energy supplier, you’ll develop a keen understanding of all the major money topics which face people across the UK.
Day-to-day, you’ll be producing brilliant advice, features and how-to guides, tailored to specific audiences, all underpinned by our SEO strategy.
You’ll be able to produce engaging and relevant content with accuracy at pace, be brimming with ideas for new articles and ways to take our existing content to the next level and have a real can-do attitude.
- Deliver high-quality and compelling content at pace, to a brief and to deadline
- Ensure we’re nailing SEO and ecommerce best practice
- Uncover and explore new content ideas, whether identifying new topics to write about or creative ways to take our content to the next level
- Monitor performance of relevant content and report to key stakeholders, as required
- Keep up-to-date with new products and trends in the finance sector and use them to influence content creation
- Work closely with commercial stakeholders to maximise revenue possibilities of pages
- Act as a gatekeeper of high editorial standards, ensuring distinctive, well sourced content for nationally-known brands
- Create branded newsletters, video and social media content as required