Network Operations Analyst Industrial Placement 2021
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We’re looking for two individuals to join our Networks Operations (NetOps) team. NetOps is responsible for the company's global network infrastructure, covering office, datacentre and colocation sites. The team has recently merged with the Network Security team, broadening its network infrastructure responsibilities to include security devices.
The successful candidate(s) will take part in day-to-day support and troubleshooting of the network and security infrastructure.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Monitoring the health of the network and security infrastructure using an array of monitoring and analysis tools
Investigating network and security devices’ hardware and software problems
- Working with the manufacturers' support teams to resolve issues where necessary
- Testing and troubleshooting network connectivity to third parties
- Completing BAU tickets for various technologies (F5, Check Point, Bluecoat, Cisco, Arista)
- Performing firewall and proxy policy changes
- Using Ansible and YAML files to update and push out changes to the network
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will be a student with a demonstrable interest in Networks and an aptitude for applying computing concepts and technical skills to solve real problems.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Studying a Networks degree and on track towards obtaining a 2:1 or above
- Highly organised and motivated
- Willing to learn with a knowledge of basic switching and routing concepts
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
Please note, due to our desire to convert the top of our intern cohort into our graduate programme we are only able to consider applications from those graduating in 2023.