Security Support Specialist Industrial Placement 2021
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
This is an exciting opportunity for a student studying for a security related technology degree to complete their year in industry placement by joining our Technical Support team as a Security Support Specialist.
We are looking for an individual who can provide advice and guidance on the application and operation of security controls. Understands the implications of their and the company’s actions; performing vulnerability assessments, security risk analysis and think about the business impact risk of requests. The team is the first line of defence in security changes that take place, being in the epicentre for security at the company.
The successful candidate will be a part of a team that deals with a large range of technologies in a fast paced environment spread across multiple sites, primary based in London, some of those technologies include:
- Key BAU Security management functions
- Active Directory, machine access changes and other various authorisation controls
- Email Perimeter Appliances
- Password Manager Software
- Multiple security control applications
- Create and help maintain the Security Awareness Campaign
- Investigate security alerts
- Support ongoing investigations with the SOC where applicable
- First line alerting for the SOC team
- Creating, using and updating scripts, in particular with PowerShell to automate daily tasks
- Predominantly Windows, with some Linux systems and support
This role will suit someone with a passion for customer service with a strong technical and security focussed background who can help the business strive for the best
Who are we looking for?
This role requires a candidate with energy, drive and a passion for customer success in a technically advanced workplace. Working across the company; interacting with multiple teams, this role is perfect for anyone who wants to push the boundaries on the teams and technologies they currently work with.
- Strong academic grades at A Level or BTEC (UCAS points 300 and above)
- Currently studying for a security related technology degree and on track towards obtaining a 2:1 or above
- A keen interest and passion for cyber security with a broad knowledge and understanding of various security technology related risks
- Ability to think about the request as a larger picture, using security know how to guide the user in to a better solution if needed and not be afraid to question requests
- Practical experience reviewing and delivering key security requirements
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Experience of Windows 10 desktop, PowerShell, Networking, JIRA Service Desk, Confluence Wiki
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
Please note, due to our desire to convert the top of our intern cohort into our graduate programme we are only able to consider applications from those graduating in 2023.