Graduate Actuarial Analyst (REACH) London 2024
Gallagher Re is one of the world's leading reinsurance advisory and broking firms.
We bring together sophisticated analytics capabilities, risk transfer and transactional expertise to provide advice and counsel to our clients. We help our clients interpret the data to guide their decisions surrounding the management and financing of their risk portfolio.
Sponsored by the Gallagher Re Executive team, our 18 month development programme - the REinsurance ACHievement Program (REACH) – will provide everything you need to know about the reinsurance industry and for career success.
This programme is unique in the reinsurance industry and is set up to compete with the best training programs available across in financial services. REACH includes:
- Both in-person and virtual learning modules led by expert facilitators and subject matter experts
- A multitude of technical insurance and reinsurance models as well as a wider curriculum of professional, financial and client-facing skills training
- Sponsorship by the Gallagher Re executive team, and support from a wide network of mentors and peer buddies to support your networking and career development
- Opportunities to travel to meet and learn with your class group in major metro locations like our office in the City of London
- Full sponsorship and support to achieve professional qualifications like the CII, Actuarial and CFA level 1
This foundational programme is part of Gallagher Re’s world class Learning Academy, which supports career development for all our colleagues, from graduates through to senior leaders.
As a Graduate Actuarial you will be immersed in all aspects of front line actuarial work for our insurance clients from early in your career, including:
- Analysis for client pitches and meetings and participation in client meetings
- Assisting in building reinsurance pricing models and actuarial benchmarks
- Data collection and manipulation in spreadsheets and other database applications
- Developing expertise in using proprietary Financial Modelling and Reinsurance Optimisation software
You will also have the opportunity for:
- Domestic or global travel, as required
- Increasing opportunities for client interaction and responsibility as your experience and capabilities evolve
- Participation in the REACH learning program & support for industry qualifications
- Minimum 2:1 degree in Actuarial Science/Mathematics and 128 UCAS points (2017 UK tariff) including A-Level Maths/Economics grade A/B or equivalent qualification.
- Enthusiasm and interest to learn about Insurance, Risk and Reinsurance
- Good Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Some actuarial exams completed are a positive
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships at all levels of the business
- Initiative and an eagerness to drive projects to a successful conclusion
- Desire and drive to take on early responsibility
- Willing and able to act as a team player
About rewards and compensation
On top of a competitive salary, great teams and exciting career opportunities, we also offer a wide range of benefits. Below are the minimum core benefits you’ll get, depending on your job level these benefits may improve:
- Minimum of 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and the option to ‘buy’ 5 more days
- Defined contribution pension scheme, which Gallagher will also contribute to
- Life insurance, which will pay 4x your basic annual salary, which you can top-up to 10x
- Income protection, we’ll cover up to 50% of your annual income, with options to top up
- Health cash plan or Private medical insurance
Other benefits include
- Three fully paid volunteering days per year
- Employee Stock Purchase plan, offering company shares at a discount
- Share incentive plan, HMRC approved, tax effective, stock purchase plan
- Critical illness cover
- Discounted gym membership, with over 3,000 gyms nationally
- Season ticket loan
- Access to a discounted voucher portal to save money on your weekly shop or next big purchase
- Emergency back-up family care
- And many more…
Gallagher is Disability Confident Committed. We have pledged to make sure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible, in addition to supporting our existing employees with any long-term health conditions or disabilities.
We understand that applicants may have disabilities, if you do, you may find some parts of the recruitment process more challenging than others. Don’t worry, we’re here to help, however, we can only do this if you let us know.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with your application, please get in touch with TAGlobalSupport@ajg.com. If you’d prefer to speak on the phone, please request a call back, leaving details, so we get in touch.
Our employing entity, Arthur J. Gallagher Services (UK) Limited, is proud to be accredited as a Living Wage employer with the Living Wage Foundation. We are committed to diversity and opportunity for all and is opposed to any form of less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender or gender identity, marital status, civil partnership status, parental status, race, ethnicity, colour, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion/ belief, age and those with caring responsibilities.
If this sounds like somewhere you’d like to join, we'd love to hear from you!