Junior Desktop Support Engineer 2021
Gamesys Group is one of the world’s leading gaming operators, with millions of players and 1500+ employees. We believe passionately in what we do. Quite simply, we craft entertainment with care, building trusted brands and creating great experiences that always put the player first.
Our award-winning brands – including Virgin, Jackpotjoy, Monopoly, Heart and Vera&John – are some of the best known in the industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself. One of the values in our DNA is ‘stay wonderfully weird’ – and that applies to all of us.
The successful candidate will work for one of the leaders in the UK online gaming industry. We are looking for a Junior Desktop Support Engineer to join our Desktop Services team
and help in supporting 1000+ end users. You will be enthusiastic, energetic and able to
learn new skills quickly, with a pro-active demeanour. This is a fast growing company and this is a great opportunity to further develop your experience within the IT sector.
- Provide onsite and remote technical end user support.
- Record, monitor, update and respond to support requests in a timely manner, owning each call to completion, or, by reassigning it to other areas of the department, as per the process.
- Supporting Windows 10 & Mac OS devices, connected to the corporate network.
- Support of Microsoft 365 including Teams and Exchange.
- Maintaining up-to-date records of hardware inventory and managing the device lifecycle. This will include manual handling, such as taking in deliveries, unboxing, asset tagging items and recording details in the asset register.
- Support and maintenance of AV and Video Conferencing.
- Ability to cope in a technically complex and fast changing environment and to respond calmly and rationally to changing priorities in a deadline-driven situation.
- At least 6-12 months experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Flexibility in working hours and task lists.
- Be willing to support remote sites, including occasional visits.
- Good time management.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- Windows 10 and Mac OS X support, troubleshooting and deployment.
- Working with a helpdesk system preferably Jira Service Desk and understanding the escalation process.
- Experience with Microsoft products, particularly Microsoft 365, Teams, OneDrive and SharePoint.
- Remote User Support and Remote access technologies
- Printer support and configuration
- Basic Network knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
- Basic ITIL knowledge
We offer some of the most competitive benefits in the market, including continued personal growth and career development plans, as well as performance based bonuses. We also believe in providing an environment where employees can flourish. You’ll have the opportunity (hopefully soon!) to work in a modern and well catered for environment, with monthly massages, office events and team-building activities. Until then, we also offer a Work From Home Allowance to ensure you have everything you need to work comfortably, during these times.
We are Gamesys Group and we’re here to make gaming everything it should be! You’ll have fun making fun every day, and that’s our promise.