HR Operations Internship
Interested in HR but also have a passion for process and tools? The GE Renewable Energy HR team are looking for a graduate intern with a Business, HR or Operations background to join the Strategic Workforce Planning & HR Operations team to help drive process improvements, compliance and embed Workday across the entire business– our new HR system due to go live in October 2020.
A 12-month internship focusing on supporting all aspects of HR Operations.
Essential duties and responsibilities might typically include the following but other duties and responsibilities might be assigned:
- Support change management activities & ongoing deployment of Workday
- Effectively use HR reporting tools and dashboards to provide ad hoc support to HR team.
- Drive process compliance (e.g. Exit process) across HR team
- Assist in monitoring of data quality within Workday, and helping to drive corrective action plans.
- Participation in ad hoc projects
- Bachelor, Masters, or Ph.D. in Business Studies, HR, Operations management, or related scientific field of study.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite with good skills in MS Excel (Pivot Tables) and Powerpoint.
- Fluency in English, with polite, professional communication skills.
- Ability to take ownership & prioritise multiple tasks, work to deadlines.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
- Previous experience where you’ve proven success in a highly professional Customer Operations or HR role, ideally within a multinational organisation is an advantage.
- Have a strong work ethic, organisation skills, the desire to learn and is not afraid to ask questions.
- Keen interest in HR strongly preferred.
- Must have excellent written, verbal, and problem-solving communication skills.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Strong interpersonal skills, professional demeanor and ability to communicate with employees of all levels.
- Well organised, reliable & dependable.
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on
the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com
GE Renewable Energy is a 9-billion-dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest products and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 22,000 employees present in more than 68 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. We take the earth’s most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power and the world’s leading wind turbine blade manufacturer, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.