Junior Data Engineer
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of 9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
What we do
The Equity business within GfK, uses the Point of Sale (PoS) data used within the core of the business to provide insight to retailers, to build a detailed picture of sales and reliable forecasts of next quarter sales for predominately, but not exclusively technology stocks, of interest to Hedge Funds in the financial markets. To those customers we sell both the basic data, the time series data of PoS sales for those wanting data to feed their own analysis, and the data annotated with subject matter insight from analysts for those wanting greater market insight. The data is used by the Hedge funds to inform their buy, sell, hold decisions.
You are able to
- Work independently with guidance from more senior developers to identify user issues and needs.
- Are not afraid to query data using a range of tools such as Excel, SQL or Business Intelligence tools
- Proactively maintain your skills set .
- Work with other team members to identify, plan, develop and deliver data services.
- Ask when you do not know
- Programming and build. You may have some experience of programming but are interested to learn from more experienced team members.
- User focus. You seek to understand the needs of the user
- Communicating information. You are able to listen to the needs of the business stakeholders and interpret information. You are able to take part in discussions within the multidisciplinary team.
- Community collaboration. You can contribute to the work of others. You can recognise and deal with issues.
- Curiosity. You are interested to learn new technologies such as Business Intelligence, Machine Learning and/or Programming languages
- awareness of SQL
- rudiments of programming
- Confident with Office tools such as Excel
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!