Operations Management Industrial Placement Midlands / North 2024
Gist Limited is one of the UK’s leading logistics companies. We are an M&S company and as our name suggests, we see ourselves as being at the ‘heart of logistics’.
Gain valuable insight into the world of logistics with our Operations Management Industrial Placement Scheme.
You will complete two rotations at one our operational depots within the North and Midlands region of the UK.
- You will gain exposure to all areas of our Warehouse and Transport Operations.
- Part of your time will be spent in the Warehouse where your role will be to support the Shift Managers with the smooth functioning of the Warehouse operations, overseeing the picking, intake and out-loading processes.
- You will also spend time in our Transport department supporting the Shift Managers. This will include driver briefs, route resourcing and ensuring safety and compliance is always upheld.
- Your development will continue throughout your placement, where you will take on additional senior site management responsibilities and also have the opportunity to hone your people management skills, as well as to further develop your commercial and operational acumen.
- People skills
- Problem solving
- Demonstrates resilience
- Strong team player
- Planning and organisation
- Strong communication skills
- You thrive in fast paced and challenging environments
- You have are on track to achieve a degree of any grade and discipline
- Geographic mobility – you will be expected to work across different depots within the region
- Hold a full UK EC/EEA driving license
- You must have the right to work in the UK
- Career Development – we will provide you with a clear career path by tailoring a programme that’s unique to you
- A training programme designed to build your people management capability and give you the best start to becoming one of our future business leaders
- Support Network - you will be partnered with a dedicated mentor who will be a senior manager in our business and will offer support and guidance on your career within Gist, as well as a buddy and community of fellow graduates
- Employee Assistance Helpline & online health portal
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- 20% discount at Marks & Spencer
- My Benefits – offering great discounts across other retail and leisure outlets
- Application Form
- 15-minute Telephone Interview
- Insight Day at one of our depots
- Assessment Centre at one of our depots