Commercial Management (Pharmaceuticals) Future Leaders Programme 2021
Are you interested in a graduate career where you can help people do more, feel better and live longer?
The Commercial teams in our Pharmaceuticals business are constantly looking to build a better understanding of our patients and to find new ways to make our life changing products accessible to more people, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
We’re looking for commercially savvy graduates who are willing to experience a series of stretching rotations across multiple business areas, including Sales and Marketing. As you work with different Commercial teams you’ll develop a range of essential business skills, whilst also building a deep understanding of the Pharmaceuticals industry.
Develop your career
You will embark on a truly immersive three-year rotational programme that will enable you to gain a broad and fascinating insight into our Pharmaceuticals business. It will also challenge and support you to grow personally and professionally.
Each of your three rotations will be spent in a different Commercial team within your local business so you’ll quickly build up a wide range of skills and experiences.
In the sales rotation, you’ll likely work in a customer-facing role. This will give you invaluable first-hand experience of working out in the field, interacting closely with Healthcare Professionals and clinics to share important information with them about our products and to deliver excellent customer service. If you strive for targets, take responsibility and are great at building relationships, you’ll thrive in our talented sales team.
You’ll also likely work in a brand or customer marketing rotation. During this time you might look at brand activity plans or help to deliver globally aligned marketing campaigns for different customer groups. You’ll also need to gather insights into customer and patient preferences and understand which factors influence overall sales. All this calls for strong analytical skills, an ability to work cross-functionally and a good understanding of our patients.
Your third rotation will help you to further develop your understanding of our Commercial organisation and will really test your business acumen and expertise. This rotation might be in a range of different areas, including project management, data analytics or commercial excellence.
Tailored training – and great career progression
We’ll tailor your training and development to suit your talents and ambition, as well as our business needs, setting you up for success in your chosen niche. After you complete our Future Leaders programme, you’ll have the skills to become a leader of the future. It all begins with a permanent role in Pharmaceuticals, which could be in sales, commercial excellence or even multi-channel marketing. There’s no limit to how far you can go with us – it’s up to you to prove yourself.
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- building your scientific knowledge, business sense and customer relationship skills on a tailored development programme
- representing our products to healthcare professionals
- delivering projects in commercial functions such as sales, marketing operations or analytics
- learning how to prioritise and manage multiple projects, objectives and deadlines
- growing your marketing, sales, project and customer management skills
- shaping your own development and choosing courses in line with your needs and interests
- learning new skills and concepts
- to be a motivated and proactive graduate with a talent for solving problems
- commercial awareness and business acumen – a real interest in both sales and marketing
- self-discipline and drive
- resilience and the ability to adapt to change
- the confidence and courage to take key decisions
- the interpersonal skills to connect with people and influence
- the ability to understand complex products of a scientific nature
You must have or expect to obtain by summer 2021 a degree in any subject
Language requirement: Written and spoken fluency in English
Start date: July 2021
We accept ongoing applications and will close this vacancy once we have enough applications, so it’s best to apply as soon as possible.
Our Future Leaders programme is designed to accelerate the development of graduates who don’t have significant previous professional work experience in the area to which they are applying. Of course, many graduates who join the programme have worked while studying or after graduation. If you’ve already developed substantial experience working in a professional role in your sector, while you would be able to apply for this programme, you may also want to look at direct entry roles in our businesses, as these may be the best way to build on your existing skills and expertise and develop a career at GSK.
- A salary of £30,000
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Access to healthcare and well-being programmes, pension plan membership, savings programmes, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programmes, which reward exceptional achievements
- Long-term incentives through shared ownership link your rewards to our longer-term performance
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programmes