Communications and Government Affairs Future Leaders Programme 2021
Want to solve some of the world’s biggest health challenges?
With over 300 years of innovation, we’re a science-led global healthcare company that delivers billions of innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
We’re looking for leaders of the future in Communications and government affairs
Are you a graduate with strong influencing skills who can help communicate our values, products and business developments, in a clear and compelling way? In this role, you’ll help us protect and enhance our reputation both inside and outside our company. You’ll also ensure our story is told correctly and consistently for all our three businesses: Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Health.
Develop your career
If you’re a graduate with the talent and ambition to lead others, we’ll equip you with the expertise to become one of our future leaders.
Over two years, our Future Leaders graduate programme will challenge and support you to grow professionally and personally. You’ll have rotations that give you experience across internal and external communications, in a number of business areas.
Your rotations will be stretching, but we’ll support you every step of the way with formal and informal learning, as well as coaching. You’ll improve your communication, analytical and influencing skills as you train to be a leader within the healthcare industry.
What will you do?
- Support business leaders with their internal engagement with employees – town halls, blogs, etc.
- Provide counsel to business leaders on communications and messaging best practices
- Support leaders with external engagements such as media meetings and conferences.
Tailored training – and great career progression
We’ll tailor your training and development to suit your talents and ambition, as well as our business needs, setting you up for success in your chosen niche. The skills you learn on our programme can be used across many areas of our business and, potentially, many countries. There’s no limit to how far you can go with us – it’s up to you to prove yourself.
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- Honing your skills and knowledge of internal and external communications and government affairs on a tailored development programme
- Being involved in our digital activity both internally and on our social media channels
- Leading cross-functional teams, crafting key messages, influencing and presenting
- Managing projects and prioritising tasks effectively
- Analysing and interpreting information to understand healthcare trends and insights
- to be a talented, ambitious, self-motivated, inquisitive graduate
- the ability to interpret complex healthcare information
- to be a team player who works well under pressure
- to be digitally fluent, with strong communication and influencing skills
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from an accredited college/university. Graduation by Spring/Summer 2021.
Language requirement: Written and spoken fluency in English
Start date: September 2021
- Willingness to be geographically mobile throughout rotations
We accept ongoing applications and will close this vacancy once we have enough applications, so it’s best to apply as soon as possible.
Our Future Leaders programme is designed to accelerate the development of graduates who don’t have significant experience in the area to which they’re applying. Of course, many graduates who join the programme have worked while studying or after graduation. If you’ve already worked in a professional role in your sector, you’re welcome to apply, but you may also want to look at direct entry roles in our businesses.
- A salary of £30,000
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Relocation Allowance (eligibility will be confirmed once your first location is confirmed)
- Access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs, which reward exceptional achievements
- Long-term incentives through shared ownership link your rewards to our longer-term performance
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programs
We’ll close this vacancy once we have enough applications, so it’s best to apply as soon as possible. You’ll be asked for your personal information and why you want to work for us.