Pharmaceutical Manufacturing & Supply Data Science Future Leaders Programme 2022
Want to solve some of the world’s biggest health challenges?
With over 300 years of innovation, we’re a science-led global healthcare company that delivers billions of innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
We’re looking for Data Science leaders of the future
The aim of this programme is to develop the future pharmaceutical supply chain engineering, operational and technical leaders.
Are you a highly capable graduate ready to utilise your skills and knowledge (coupled with the latest technology and processes) to help us deliver billions of packs of medicines to our patients every year? If so, there’s no limit to how far you can go with us – it’s up to you to prove yourself.
Develop your career
Our Data Science Future Leaders Programme will challenge and support you to grow professionally and personally. You will receive a generous personal training budget and be supported by a technical mentor. You’ll get to meet senior leaders and network with other graduates. You’ll also improve your technical skills while gaining valuable leadership expertise. It all adds up to a role that’s designed to transform talented graduates into key, senior figures.
You’ll have up to three stretching rotations within our UK Pharmaceutical manufacturing sites. These rotations will provide you with the knowledge, technical capability and confidence to be highly successful in the position and beyond. During this time, you will have the opportunity to interact with other graduates for training and networking events. You will undertake a number of core training and personal development courses to quickly bring you up to speed with GSK values and expectations.
By joining the GSK Data Science Future Leaders Programme, you will gain unique experience in the growing field of data science.
You can expect to:
- Develop an understanding of the basics of biopharmaceutical manufacturing, product lifecycle management, problem solving and process improvement activities which allow GSK to make, test and ship life-saving medicines to millions of patients each year
- Be a driving force in the cultural shift of using data science and machine learning to enhance the manufacture and delivery of biopharmaceutical products
- Deliver high quality analyses and visualizations of data to expedite and inform strategic decision-making
- Implement innovative analytical and IT solutions that are capable of handling large multiparametric datasets
- Work on data analytics and machine learning projects; using your skills and knowledge to transform our business – from manufacturing lead times to cost of goods, from quality analysis to planning & scheduling – there are a wealth of opportunities to make a difference
- Interact with experts from across the business and with commercial partners to evaluate and implement new data handling solutions
- Contribute and take a role in defining strategy and success in this area
- A relevant degree and be keen to learn
- Awareness of programming languages used to solve data science problems e.g. Python, SQL, R etc.
- A passion for data analytics
- The ability to work with and build relationships with key stakeholders
- To be a self-motivated and proactive graduate
- To be enthusiastic and driven to succeed
- To be a natural team worker
- The ability to adapt to change and stay focused under pressure
- To be analytical and process driven with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and a gift for solving problems
- A genuine interest in the healthcare industry
Bachelors, Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science, Data Science, Maths or any Science with analytical and/or pharmaceutical modules. Industrial or research experience preferred. Graduation by Spring/Summer 2022
Written and spoken fluency in English
Location mobility and willingness to relocate domestically
Application deadline: We accept ongoing applications and will close this vacancy once we have enough applications, so it’s recommended to apply as soon as possible.
Assessment Centre date: Late November/Early December
* Please apply only for one Future Leaders or Graduate Programme role in the UK
Our Future Leaders Programme is designed to accelerate the development of graduates who don’t have significant previous professional work experience in the area to which they are applying. Of course, many graduates who join the programme have worked while studying or after graduation. If you’ve already developed substantial experience working in a professional role in your sector, while you would be able to apply for this program, you may also want to look at direct entry roles in our businesses, as these may be the best way to build on your existing skills and expertise and develop a career at GSK.
- A salary of £30,600
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs, which reward exceptional achievements
- Long-term incentives through shared ownership link your rewards to our longer-term performance
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programs
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.