Procurement Future Leaders Programme Poland 2021
Want to solve some of the world’s biggest health challenges?
With over 300 years of innovation, we’re a science-led global healthcare company that delivers billions of innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
We’re looking for leaders of the future in Procurement
Are you an adaptable graduate with the confidence and creativity to negotiate and innovate? Join us, and make an impact on our business on a whole range of levels.
Procurement operates across 50 countries, making it a truly global function. And our team does more than buy goods and services – they help bring innovation and value to the entire business. Working with these highly skilled professionals, you could be involved in a wide variety of initiatives. You could bring a new respiratory product technology from our suppliers to our patients. Or perhaps create a value-driven ad campaign with our social-media partners to reach new consumers in emerging markets. With a stream of diverse and absorbing projects, Procurement is a fascinating area with tremendous scope for progress.
If you’re a graduate with the talent and ambition to lead others, we’ll help you develop the expertise to become one of our Future Leaders.
Over two and a half years, our Future Leaders graduate programme will challenge and support you to grow professionally and personally. You’ll have three fascinating rotations that will give you a thorough grounding in procurement management. You’ll explore direct and indirect procurement, with an international perspective, take responsibility for managing spend across a range of different categories and get involved with transversal project. Throughout the programme, you’ll work closely with colleagues and stakeholders to achieve value for money for us, and ultimately, the patient or consumer. With first-class support and development opportunities , you’ll take your career into senior leadership roles and help us achieve our commercial ambitions.
What will you do?
- You will discover the best ways to boost the profitability of a leading healthcare company
- You will get involved in development opportunities including formal training that will equip you to become a leader of the future and inspire action through influencing and negotiating
- You will develop purchasing and negotiation strategies and demonstrate project leadership
- You will negotiate at senior or executive management level with our supply base
- You will deliver profit and loss (P&L) impact to the business to support GSK’s commercial objectives
- You will partner with business functions such as finance and legal with the opportunity to lead contract negotiations and review financial proposals
- You will gain in-depth and cross-sectional insights into the GSK Procurement function
- You will manage spends across multiple functions, including marketing, manufacturing and research
- You will manage projects, prioritize tasks and build relationships with people at all levels of the organization across the business
- You will have the chance to deepen your leadership and supply chain technical skills
- You will have the opportunity to bring creative and innovative solutions to the business to drive change
- You will build leadership and management capabilities through the opportunity to mentor and coach others and lead project teams
Tailored training – and great career progression
We’ll tailor your training and development to suit your talents and ambition, as well as our business needs, setting you up for success in your chosen niche. Rotation assignment vary across a number of Procurement areas, such as direct or indirect category management, site Procurement, local country Procurement, and project or operations roles. After completing the programme, you will typically have full accountability for an area of business spend to then move into senior management roles.. There’s no limit to how far you can go with us – it’s up to you to prove yourself.
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- discovering the best ways to boost the profitability of a leading healthcare company
- honing your skills on a tailored development programme
- developing purchasing and negotiation strategies, and demonstrating project leadership
- negotiating at senior or executive management level with our supply base
- partnering with business functions such as finance and legal
- leading contract negotiations and reviewing financial proposals
- managing spend across multiple functions, including marketing, manufacturing and research
- bringing positive changes to the business through creative and innovative ideas
- building your leadership and management skills by mentoring/coaching others and leading project teams
- an interest in Procurement, the commercial world and the healthcare industry
- to work as a business partner, building strong relationships with key stakeholders
- the ability to create effective working relationships globally and a natural drive for teamwork
- the ability to adapt to change and work under pressure
- excellent communication skills that can help you influence
- strong problem-solving skills that are driven by curiosity
- the drive and confidence to trust your own judgement
- good project management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks
Our Future Leaders programme is designed to accelerate the development of graduates who don’t have significant previous professional work experience in the area to which they are applying. Of course, many graduates who join the programme have worked while studying or after graduation. If you’ve already developed substantial experience working in a professional role in your sector, while you would be able to apply for this programme, you may also want to look at direct entry roles in our businesses, as these may be the best way to build on your existing skills and expertise and develop a career at GSK.
- Master degree in business, supply chain, or any technical or scientific field with a strong business focus/interest
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Graduation by June 2021 or availability to work full time from September 2021
- Open to relocation within Poland during the rotations
- Must have the right to work in Poland
Application deadline: We accept ongoing applications and will close this vacancy once we have enough applications, so it’s best to apply as soon as possible.
- Company culture based on values: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity.
- Attractive reward package (annual bonus & awards for outstanding performance, recognition awards for additional achievements and engagement, holiday benefit)
- Flexible working solutions: work from home 8 days per month, short Fridays option
- Personalized learning approach (mentoring, online trainings’ platforms: Pluralsight, Business Skills, Harvard Manage Mentor, Skillsoft and external trainings)
- Extensive support of work life balance & well-being activities
- Life insurance and pension plan
- Private medical package with additional preventive healthcare services for employees and their eligible
- Sports cards (Multisport)