Stability Industrial Placement 2021
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic student who is keen to develop their scientific skills in a specialized discipline providing support for new product development contributing to the growth of the Consumer Health Business.
The stability role is to undertake activities to support the stability program of formal and informal stability studies. Their expertise is utilized by providing technical support for evaluating data to assigning shelf life and label storage statement. The successful candidate will be trained and tasked with the responsibility of managing R&D innovation and stewardship project.
You will be engaging with people both internally and externally on a daily basis which will provide you with a great foundation to develop your interpersonal skills and adaptability. The ability to build strong relationships with colleagues provides a diverse set of opportunities to gain experience and first-hand knowledge whilst working on several critical projects. In turn, you will develop stronger organisational and problem-solving skills which are transferable across any business area or organisation.
- Work closely with NPD and sensory team to understand impact of key active ingredient and flavours on product shelf-life.
- Come up with creative and pragmatic models to leverage and use historic data in best scientific way to justify product shelf-life.
- Understand and become an expert in the scientific literature surrounding the project to identify new methods/opportunities to improve on existing models at the same time as having a strong focus and understanding of what the business needs for these models are.
- Writes technical papers/presentations/reports to enhance personal, departmental and corporate reputation.
- Seeks advise from colleagues and Management when unexpected results occur or when major changes to project plans are considered and acts pro-actively to address these.
- Looks for innovative and better ways of doing things; actively looks to eliminate non-value-added steps out of processes and procedures.
- Ensures all work is conducted to appropriate GxP standards as required.
Job related Skills
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, multitask and work effectively in a team.
- Ability to apply scientific learnings, principles and techniques to assigned projects.
- Clear communicator in both oral and written form with both internal departments and external organisations.
- Ability to collate, organise and report scientific data from internal and external sources.
- Basic understanding of statistical tool with regards to data trending, Interpret and understand data to draw conclusions and identify next steps.
- Basic knowledge or awareness of a variety of analytical techniques e.g. HPLC, GC and Mass spectroscopy
- Experience in cosmetic/pharmaceutical products would be advantageous though not essential as the candidate’s ability to utilize technical problem solving would be of greater value for this role. The necessary training needed for this project will be provided.
- Good computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc) and understanding of statistics and its application to biological data sets.
- Must be studying an undergraduate degree in Pharmaceutical, Foods, Cosmetics or related science undergraduate degree, but will not have graduated at the start of your placement.
- You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of your undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
- The Assessment Centre for successful applicants is expected to take place in early February 2021
- We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date.
- Applications will close
when we have filled our assessment centre dates. d
If you have what we’re looking for apply today!
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2021!
- Eligibility Form
- Online Assessment
- Application Form
- Assessment Centre