ViiV Healthcare Medical Operations Industrial Placement 2021
ViiV Healthcare is a specialist company established by GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer in 2009, with the addition of Shionogi in 2012 after working together on the development of several drugs. We are focused solely on the research, development and commercialisation of medicines to treat HIV. Our aim is to take a deeper and broader interest in HIV/AIDS than any company has done before and take a unique approach to deliver new and effective HIV medicines as well as supporting communities affected by HIV.
About the role
The ViiV Healthcare Medical Operations Industrial Placement enables the chosen candidate to experience working with the new Global Congress team, which has formed from an initiative endorsed by the ViiV Executive Team to design and implement a long-term three-year strategy which will be implemented across the business. It is an opportunity to join a function that stretches across all business functions, global, regional and local teams and works on high profile projects engaging directly with senior stakeholders. This team will be looking at how to manage change across the business, starting with global scientific congress management and moving through region to LOC (Local Operating Company).
The chosen candidate will gain experience of owning a congress project end to end, evaluating how to best implement global strategy from both a medical and commercial perspective, deliver materials within the scope of local regulations, set KPIs and assess the ROO (return on objective). The team is highly accountable, high functioning and delivers high profile projects under pressure. Therefore, the placement student will develop a great grounding in how all functions of the business come together under one business strategy. It is a particularly challenging and exciting time for the business as we move into a new portfolio era.
In addition to the IP experiencing this working operating model, further mentoring will be provided by the Director of the Global Congress Strategy and objectives will be provided from the start of the assignment and frequently reviewed to ensure that there is an appropriate stretch balance.
Reporting into the Global Congress Strategy Director, this role would be responsible for supporting in the following activities:
- International Congress Management including VCSC (ViiV Congress Steering Committee) comprised of a senior cross-functional Global team led by Harmony Garges, VP Global Medical Affairs (ViiV Executive Team sponsor)
- Medical and Commercial Strategy Planning
- Input into Global Business Planning
- Owning the end to end management of the Virology Education Conference sponsorship programme – liaising with the Conference Secretariat and Scientific Communications teams to map out the annual programme including publication overview, allocation of attendance, managing sponsorship benefits with regional/local leads globally (conferences can occur in any global location). This will give an IP exposure across the business with both commercial and medical / regional and local / regulatory / international scientific organisations.
- Participating in and assisting in running cross-functional strategic planning sessions
- Multi-functional stakeholder management – engaging across the business on high profile projects
- Stakeholder workstream management – attending workstream meetings and reporting back to the broader project lead team to ensure overall alignment to objectives
- Investment and spend tracking – exposure to large scale budgeting and reporting
- Agency liaison
- Close working with the regional congress operating groups to ensure alignment to global strategy and tactical implementation
- KPI and metrics management per project
- Effective communication
- Stakeholder management
- Accountability and leadership skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as a team
- Creative thinker / Solution orientated
- Ability to work with virtual teams
- Must be an undergraduate studying any degree.
- You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of your undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
- The Assessment Centre for successful applicants is expected to take place in February 2021
- We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date.
- Applications will close when we have filled our assessment centre dates.
If you have what we’re looking for apply today!
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2021!
- Eligibility Form
- Online Assessment
- Application Form
- Assessment Centre