Graduate Project Manager 2021
The Cambridge office specialises in high quality projects with a focus in the following sectors, Higher Education (including projects for the University of Cambridge and Colleges Hi-tech, pharmaceutical, science and research projects on the science and business parks of the “Cambridge Cluster” Arts and Heritage projects throughout East Anglia and further afield.
As a Graduate Project Manager, you will assist Project / Programme Managers in the delivery of projects and programmes.
- Assisting Project / Programme Managers in:
- Delivering high quality services and ensuring that project management and/or programme management deliverables meet customer requirements
- Delivering high quality services and deliverables in accordance with the business procedures
- Administering contracts as contract administrator, employer’s agent or project manager
- Producing and presenting to customers
- Preparing bids for services
- Ensuring that all quantitative and financial information has been independently checked before issue, including maintaining evidence of independent checks.
As a Gleeds team member, you will have access to
- Opportunities to develop and grow your career
- Generous holiday plus option to purchase additional days through the holiday purchase scheme
- A contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Our global travel scholarship programme
- Flexible working arrangements
Experience, Knowledge and Key Skills
- Develop knowledge and experience in the following:
- Project stages
- Project management tools and techniques
- Procurement strategies, including tendering and contract strategies
- Specification and procurement of facilities supplies and services
- Health and safety for facilities services
- Contract administration and management
- Clear and effective communication skills – both oral and written
- Good organisational skills and the ability to adapt quickly to changes
- Sound problem solving, negotiating, financial management and numeracy skills
- Competent ICT skills, with a high level of proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work as part of a team
- BSc Degree or equivalent.