Globeleq Discover Internship Programme - Human Resources Intern
As a leading operating power company focusing on powering Africa’s growth, Globeleq recruits highly skilled, innovative, and dedicated people with a wide range of skills, knowledge, and expertise.
Our high calibre team of power developers, engineers, legal, financial, IT and HR professionals are committed to collectively developing, managing, and operating power projects which positively impact people’s lives in Africa.
We have worked hard to build a great business. Our success is driven by our commitment to our values – safety, integrity, excellence, unity, sustainability, and fulfilment – and we always look for people whose personal values complement our corporate values.
Discover Internship Programme overview:
The Discover Internship Programme is a 12 month - structured, rotational programme with a unique experience in understanding how our Business and HR team operates.
The programme aims to equip interns with specialised HR skills and knowledge, by offering a thorough induction and continuous training and professional development including, Development Workshops, Mentoring and Language Training, whilst working towards an HR qualification to develop and enhance commercial knowledge and to apply learning back into the HR team.
Rotation 1-HR Generalist:
- To provide project support to Senior HR Business Partner, including support with recruitment as and when required.
- Creating, maintaining, and updating personnel records
- Answering queries raised by employees on HR matters.
Rotation 2-HR Operations:
- First point of call for all people queries, escalating to appropriate HR stakeholder as required.
- Managing the day-to-day HR Administration
- Monitoring the onboarding process
- Managing HR inbox
- Supporting the HR Advisor with the updating and maintenance of the HR Information System
Rotation 3-HR Compensation & Benefits:
- First point of call for reward, pay, compensation, pension, and benefits queries,
- Involved in salary, benefit benchmarking, bonus reviews and liaising with vendors.
- Assist Compensation and Benefits Advisor with reporting
- Ad hoc project work around total reward
Rotation 4-HR L&D:
- Assist with managing the end-to-end process of event management.
- Scheduling and running regular usage reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Driving communication and branding of L&D
- Support and coordination of L&D projects
Qualifications and competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Business Management, Economics, HR, or Social Sciences or working towards a degree
- Proactive and driven to work in HR
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, especially with Excel (e.g., sum, if, pivots, lookups)
- An inquisitive attitude - likes to analyse and generate action
- Organised with efficient time management and great attention to detail
- High standards for accuracy and presentation
- Excellent communication skill, verbal and written
- Team player, good at listening, learning, communicating, and sharing knowledge
Compensation and benefits:
- Starting Compensation Package: £22,000-£25,000, depending on education background and/or experience.
- Private medical insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loans
- Life assurance
- Income protection insurance
- A dedicated programme manager
- A senior mentor
- Personal and professional development
- 12 months of HR experience
- Successfully launching a career in HR
Selected candidates will be invited to complete and online test, followed by a phone and virtual interviews. This selection process is subject to change, but you will be notified if any changes are made.