Quality Assurance Graduate
We plan to monitor applications closely, and due to the volume, we might close applications early. We strongly recommend you get your application in as soon as possible.
Founded just over four years ago, Graphcore's growth and impact has been little short of staggering. We believe we're in a unique position as a new wave of machine learning technology begins to emerge. We see a world where technology enhances human potential and takes us into a new era of intelligence and progress that everyone can benefit from.
What we can achieve over the next few years will re-shape businesses around the world.
Graphcore has created a completely new processor, the Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU), specifically designed for artificial intelligence. The IPU’s unique architecture means developers can run current machine learning models orders of magnitude faster. More importantly, it lets AI researchers undertake entirely new types of work, not possible using current technologies, to drive the next great breakthroughs in general machine intelligence.
The Quality Team aims to deliver outstanding customer experience and champion sustainable excellence throughout Graphcore. We are responsible for customer, supply chain and product quality, as well as organisational compliance, governance and assurance. You will be joining a diverse team of experts in these domains based in our Bristol and Taiwan offices.
You will provide guidance to the business to ensure customer requirements are met or exceeded, ensuring the integrity of products and processes to satisfy business, customer and regulatory requirements through quality planning, programme auditing, product quality control.
- Manage containment, correction and corrective action on non-conformances through root-cause analysis, investigations and action plans
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with key stakeholders including customers, suppliers and internal teams
- Develop excellent problem solving and project management skills
- Drive proactive improvement through audit and assessment of key process indicators and business management systems including analysis of findings, and identification of risks and opportunities for improvement.
Graduates at Graphcore
A tailored onboarding and induction programme will get you up to speed with life at Graphcore, including how the business operates. During your induction our technical specialists will host knowledge sharing sessions, providing you the opportunity to build your network.
Once in your team, you can expect hands on experience from day one and to make a real contribution.
A typical day would involve working closely with peers and your manager to solve challenges as they arise.
You will also benefit from a buddy, mentor and access to a talent development team that will support your softer skill development.
We are looking for technical, passionate and motivated individuals with a desire to learn, work and develop in a technically challenging, fast paced environment! You will be given exposure to all aspects of the business, so someone with a burning curiosity to learn the inner workings of a high-performing technology company would fit in perfectly.
You will also be/have:
- On track to obtain a 2:1 or above in a Scientific, Engineering, Quality or Compliance discipline
- A passion for improving and finding better, more creative, more effective ways of doing things
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical skills, curiosity and diligence, demonstrated through university, internships or personal projects
- Highly motivated and a self-starter, validated through extra-curricular activities or hobbies beyond your studies
- Strong team-working skills, with the ability rapidly gain trust and respect of your colleagues with demonstrable facilitation/coaching skills to be able to get the best out of people
- A desire to start a career in Quality Assurance and/or Quality Management and the determination to gain sufficient experience to apply for Chartered Status
- Technology enthusiast with a keen interest to learn about the exciting new field of AI.
We are not looking for an instant expert but graduates with the hunger to learn, develop and make a contribution to Graphcore’s future.
In addition to a very competitive salary and share options, you will have the freedom to make your own choices that work for you, starting with unlimited holiday. We also offer a pension scheme and support your well-being with health insurance, life cover and an employee assistance programme.
Our centrally-located Bristol office provides a well-stocked kitchen with healthy food, drinks and snacks and our very own barista! We have an active social scene too - from cycling, yoga, running and football right through to a board game group.
Hiring process and starting at Graphcore
For the time being, our hiring process has shifted to adapt to the new circumstances. While we love getting to know you in an onsite final stage interview, your interview will now likely take place via video call.
Our Bristol office is open, and employees that wish to work from the office can work safely, adhering to social distancing guidelines. Although we cannot comment at this stage on the working arrangement when you join, we continue to operate a flexible office base.
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful, so they can do their best work.
If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.