Research Academic Partner Graduate 2021
Founded just over four years ago, Graphcore's growth and impact has been little short of staggering. We are now at the forefront of a new wave of machine learning hardware companies, and our chips are already seeing widespread adoption.
Graphcore has created a completely new processor, the Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU), specifically designed for artificial intelligence. The IPU’s unique architecture allows us to accelerate current workloads and make the workloads of tomorrow possible.
Graphcore are looking for a Research Academic Partner who can foster technical relationships with the best university and research labs in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. You will be a passionate advocate for Graphcore to partners around the world, introducing them to our hardware and facilitating their experience in getting onboard.
In this brand-new role, you will be the bridge between the academic community and Graphcore. You will be responsible for bringing together academic insights and Graphcore's engineering expertise.
Day-to-day, you will
- Foster relationships in the AI research community with faculty, researchers and students in AI, Computer Science and Engineering Departments
- Support cutting edge research in machine intelligence in areas including Deep Learning, Generative Modelling, Reinforcement Learning, and Evolutionary Computing
- Work with Graphcore's Research Team to understand where our software and hardware excels and how to leverage it for the research problem at hand
- Measure the success of engagement, including organisation of academic visits, the publication of research projects and papers, speaking engagements, and research co-development
- Be an external ambassador – Have a deep understanding of our Products/work and comfortable to speak in spaces with fellow technical minded innovators.
The role requires a high level of technical ability, willingness to learn, and good interpersonal skills. We are looking for someone eager to learn about our exciting new technology, interested in being an advocate, and who wants to contribute to the exciting field of AI and ML.
You will also be
- On track to obtain a 2:1 or above in a science or engineering undergraduate, or a machine-learning, AI or scientific post-graduate degree
- Knowledgeable in at least one of the following programming languages: Python, C++, C, which could have been achieved via self-study
- Comfortable with sharing your technical knowledge to a wide audience and speaking with leading researchers – Good written and interpersonal skills are a must
- Demonstrable interest in the field, via published work, work experience or academic study
Most of all, you must be willing to learn: the field moves fast, and we expect you to develop along with the company as a whole.
Graduates at Graphcore
A tailored onboarding and induction programme will get you up to speed with life at Graphcore, including a deep understanding of how the business operates. During your induction, our technical specialists will host knowledge-sharing sessions, providing you with the opportunity to build your network.
Once in your role, you can expect hands-on experience, space to learn and contribute. A typical day would involve working closely with your manager, being the link between the Research team and academic institutions.
You will also benefit from a "buddy" and access to a talent development team that will support your softer skill development.
In addition to a competitive salary, pension and share options, you will also have the freedom to make your own choices that work for you, starting with unlimited holiday. To support your well-being we provide health insurance, life cover and an employee assistance programme.
Our centrally-located Bristol and London offices provide a well-stocked kitchen with healthy food, drinks and snacks and our very own barista! We have an active social scene too - from cycling, yoga, running and football right through to a board game group.
Hiring process and starting at Graphcore
For the time being, our hiring process has shifted to adapt to the new circumstances. While we love getting to know you in an onsite final stage interview, your interview will now likely take place via video call.
Our Bristol office is open, and employees that wish to work from the office can work safely, adhering to social distancing guidelines. Although we cannot comment at this stage on the working arrangement when you join, we continue to operate a flexible office. We have a simple rule -- we are all adults!
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful, so they can do their best work.
If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.