The way we see it, we’re all about two things - seriously tasty, wholesome ingredients, and imagination. Why? Because together, they’ve helped us create over 1000 (and counting) ingenious snacks for hungry grazers across the UK and the US. We’re a nimble, tech-led multi-channel retailer on a mission to disrupt the healthy snacking market. We’re on a never-ending hunt for healthier, juicier, crunchier, tastier, fresher, bigger, better! Which basically means, as the one of the fastest growing companies in the UK, we’re always refreshing, rethinking and reinventing.
We’re a bunch of like-minded people but we’re not all the same. We have different experiences, backgrounds and ways of working but we combine well to make it come together.
What you’ll be responsible for...
Monthly Management Accounts preparation:
- Ownership for all lines of cost of sales journals, including accruals and prepayments
- Ownership of stock reconciliation and other COGS balance sheet recs, including simplification
- Reconciliation and posting of Marshfield subsidiary journals
- Provide clear information for analytical review
- Implement continuous process improvement
- Accruing for capital expenditure accurately at each month end
- Preparing analysis of Actual vs Budget and Forecast
- Support Supply Chain Finance Manager in preparing analysis of Actual vs Budget and Forecast to understand key drivers
- Pulling together presentations on specific parts of the P&L to present to other non-finance teams
- Analysing invoice data for ingredients and packaging on a regular basis to use for the monthly accounts and understanding any differences
VAT tracking and calculation:
- Ensuring we are charging the correct amount of VAT based upon HMRC guidelines
What we’re looking for in you...
- Probably part qualified ACCA / CIMA or equivalent working knowledge
- You love working with Excel!
- Want to learn new IT systems
- You want to get really involved and find and solve new problems
- Learn how to manage our supply chain team's requirements across different sites
- Knowledge of – or at least strong interest in – the practicalities of running a supply chain and manufacturing facility
- Hunger to deliver the core responsibilities in management accounting, but also to want to develop quickly into ‘full cycle’ of supply chain finance, i.e., forecasting, analytics, business partnering
What we will expect in the first 6 months
- Taking ownership for all aspects of COGS Management Accounts preparation
- Taking ownership of Capex postings and variance analysis
- Problem Solving – recommending and implementing solutions to problems
- Curiosity – having a questioning mind and the desire to understand complex processes
- Interpreting the context of the business – understanding the business, where it is going and having foresight to respond to a changing environment
What’s in it for you?
- This is an opportunity for you to be part of a core function at a very exciting time in graze’s growth trajectory. People, Systems, Process and Data are at the heart of what we do and this is a chance for you to help create solid foundations that are built for speed.
- Imagine being part of one of the fastest growing food businesses! We’re always moving into new commercial areas of retail, online and even new geographies. You’ll pick up new skills and experiences, broadening your knowledge and capabilities to push you to the next level.
- We encourage active learning with learning lunches, networking events or more formal qualifications
- At the risk of blowing our own trumpet, there’s some seriously smart, informed, helpful, modest, funny and dedicated people at graze HQ!
- You’d be part of a culture that revolves around each of us doing a great job by being helpful, open, inclusive, pioneering, commercially aware, persistent and honest. And we wouldn’t have it any other way.
- Tons of activities to join including yoga, HIIT classes, touch rugby, team breakfasts and even bi-weekly massages.
- Friday drinks in the office and at local pubs, and great team socials.