Graduate Analyst Manchester 2021
MediaCom Systems Intelligence houses all of the data, effectiveness, insight and technology specialists within MediaCom. The team has one purpose – to ensure the best use of data within media planning.
Who we are
Our System’s Intelligence team is crucial for our client’s success by delivering a data-driven approach to media strategy, planning and activation with an emphasis on accountability and innovation. This unit also empowers & guides the wider MediaCom network on their own transformative data journey.
An integral part of Systems Intelligence is our Business Science team which specialises in marketing analytics. At Business Science we are committed to building connections along clients’ business journey to ensure they can make the right decisions to optimise their business performance. We do this using a vast range of analytical techniques which are bespoke for each business question and client.
Our areas of expertise span market mix modelling, budget setting and allocation, forecasting, brand equity modelling, launch volumetric studies and conjoint to name but a few. Our primary focus is on getting insight out of data and analytics in order to provide recommendations for clients that are realistic, relevant and above all actionable. We are a team of 50+ experts, working across more than 25 clients in the UK and globally. We analyse over £600m of communications spend each year, covering 15% of UK media spend which means we are the leading experts in our field.
Business Science team is based in 3 locations in the UK: London, Manchester and Leeds.
What you'll do
- Using data to help inform marketing decisions that you can see in the real world.
- Working with a great network of internal colleagues and external clients.
- Continuous learning and development with the best in the industry.
Graduate Marketing Analysts are key members of the Business Science team, helping with quantitative analysis to understand and measure the effect of marketing on sales. They have significant responsibility across all aspects of client projects.
- Working on projects using statistical analysis to measure the effect that marketing activity has on sales
- Significant responsibility working across all aspects of a given project
- Working closely with clients and various account groups within the agency
- Preparing results presentations
Skills & experience
- Degree in Economics, Maths, Stats, Sciences or other numerical subject (2:1 or above)
- Knowledge of R or other programming language, via own learning or academic experience
- Academic experience of time series statistical modelling and/or other approaches to data analysis
- High numeracy with the ability to convert analysis into real world actionable solutions
- Good knowledge of Excel, common statistical packages (Eviews, SPPS, R, etc) and PowerPoint
- Ambitious, determined and self-motivated
- Keen interest in media and marketing
Hello. We are MediaCom.
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2021 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Adweek and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being Eurobest’s current Media Network of the Year and the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.