Sustainable Finance Campus Internship 2022
We are Guidehouse, a leading consulting firm serving the public sector and commercial clients with specialized capabilities in strategy, technology, and risk management. You may not yet know our name, but we have a rich history. Guidehouse is a combination of PwC’s former US public sector practice and Navigant’s deep expertise in Energy & Sustainability, Financial Services and Healthcare.
Interested in working with talented people in a high-performing team environment with some of the world’s largest corporations and leading governments to help solve some of society’s most complex and challenging problems?
We offer an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards individuals based on impact, not tenure. We focus on markets facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation, and significant regulatory pressure. Our consultants develop and deploy world-class knowledge and problem solving that leads to breakthrough solutions.
Our team – Sustainability Segment - works with companies and government agencies to achieve sustainability, including deep decarbonization, climate resilience and positive social impact. We help clients navigate the complex world of climate change, climate regulation, shifting consumer preferences, and the energy transition to achieve sustainable and profitable products, processes, business models and services. We apply leading frameworks such as Science-Based and Net-Zero Targets, ESG, and TCFD, and create innovative digital, programmatic, and financial solutions with our clients. Our team supports all Guidehouse’s segments, including financial services, energy providers, life sciences and government.
Our Interns have the opportunity to provide wide-ranging support for client engagements, whilst building their technical foundation. You will work in a team on complex problems and deliver high quality client-ready work. As our clients are mostly large, complex companies, Interns will be coached to demonstrate business professionalism and an ability to grasp new concepts quickly to perform effectively in the client environment.
- Deliver on multiple projects, under the guidance and support of an Associate Mentor
- Uphold Guidehouse’s values of respect, integrity, innovation, stewardship, and excellence and support our culture of inclusion & diversity
- Shadow leader’s client interviews or conduct interviews to capture information and provide it in a succinct and cohesive format
- Keep key stakeholders informed on project updates
- Synthesise data into clear analyses and provide fact-based recommendations and solutions for drafting summary reports and presentations
- Ensure that documentation is properly managed, quality checked and organised
- Build good relationships with the wider team and colleagues and participate in team, office and industry events where there are opportunities
- A team-player who demonstrates the willingness and ability to work effectively in diverse teams and collaborate with colleagues at all levels
- A critical thinker with a strong eye for detail and creative in problem solving
- Able to show a working knowledge of data collection, organisational and analytical skills
- Able to work on multiple projects and show a good understanding of the project objectives and client expectations
- Comfortable communicating and willing to be coached in presenting to colleagues and potentially clients
- Experienced with Microsoft products
- Graduating in 2022 or later with a relevant Undergraduate or Master’s degree (e.g. (sustainable) finance, banking, business administration, (energy) economics, (applied) mathematics, physics, sustainability, etc.)
- A strong curiosity, and/or experience, in a relevant industry topic such as: finance, sustainability, decarbonisation and carbon accounting
- No restrictions to work in your chosen location and enrolled in a university
- As a global company we work with clients primarily in English. We do also require some of our interns to be fluent in the language of the country they would be located from.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that will prevent you from performing the job responsibilities as described across our clients
- This position requires successful completion of a background check and employment verification.
Guidehouse is an equal opportunities employer and applies objective criteria to assess potential suitability. We are committed to ensuring all our directors, employees, contractors and job applicants receive fair and equitable treatment across all aspects of the firm’s HR policies and practices and we aim to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, color, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.
The application process consists of four steps:
- You can apply for this position by submitting your CV and Cover Letter (recommended)
- If you successfully pass the CV screening step, you will be invited to participate in a case study interview
- After passing the case study round, you will be invited to attend a (video) interview
- If you successfully pass this last interview, you will receive an offer and join Guidehouse in 2022