Graduate Quality Analyst/Coordinator 2021
As Graduate Quality Analyst/Coordinator you'll act as steward/owner of the Quality Team’s data and reporting mechanisms; providing accurate and timely reporting to the business that contributes towards achieving both strategic and tactical objectives. Support to the Quality Team and its’ wider involvement in assuring the company’s Products are fit-for-purpose, safe and legal. This includes collating KPIs such as product returns, refunds and reviews to measure product performance; the collection and storage of hazardous goods and materials data to ensure compliance; supporting the QA processes around new and existing lines and supporting the various returns disposition processes by providing the data to ensure commercial returns agreements are upheld.
In addition to the above, this role also administers the admin budget for the Quality Team, which includes significant compliance costs related to Extended Producer Responsibilities (c. £450k p.a.)
- To meet the high demand for data across the business the role requires a high level of analytic capability, a strong understanding of data principles and a degree of familiarity with analytic process automation techniques.
- The role will be responsible for producing several weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports in relation to product performance, compliance obligations and disposition of returns.
- Working within the Quality Team and Commercial, the jobholder also very widely and cross-functionally works closely with Category Teams, Value-Chain, Profit Protection, Retail Ops, Digital, Logistics and Finance teams, as well as external compliance bodies, third-party service providers and Halfords Goods-For-Resale Suppliers.
- The role will also be committed to continuously improving the reporting currently available as the needs of the business evolve over time. As such it requires an ability to extract reporting requirements from key stakeholder both technical and non-technical, and to successfully meet these requirements with any new reporting.
Process orientated and with a sound business acumen, the jobholder assists in the retrieval and presentation of data in line with requirements, as well as its interpretation; facilitating the valuable insight required to achieve the business objectives.
- Would suit graduates with placement year / industry experience and keen interest to develop their career in this area
- A keen interest in, as well as natural ability to grasp IT systems and processes.
- A passion to learn with an inquisitive nature.
- Ability to build collaborative and productive relationships across the organisation.
- Ability to extract complex reporting requirements from key stakeholders and produce something that meets these requirements consistently and on time.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working with large datasets
- Experience automating analytic processes to a high standard of consistency and accuracy.
- Experience of self-service analytics and reporting tools ( I.e Qlikview/Alteryx ) - Desirable
- Advanced Office 365 proficiency including Excel, Sharepoint, Teams and their integrations.