Graduate Trainee Lands and Planning Geologist Manager 2021
Working at Hanson is about being part of One Team. We operate around 300 manufacturing sites in the UK and employ over 3,500 people in a wide range of roles from production workers, plant operators, technicians and drivers to sales, IT, engineering and finance managers. We are part of the HeidelbergCement Group, one of the largest building materials manufacturers in the world, employing over 45,000 people at 2,300 locations in 40 countries.
Our aim is to be a leading sustainable business and we are committed to being fair, respectful and inclusive and are an equal opportunities employer. We exceed customer expectations through an engaged team that is professional, responsible and reliable. We believe in working safely and sustainably, focusing on a zero-harm workplace and our ambitious target to reduce our CO2 emissions by 50 per cent by 2030. Our employees understand that we do much more than just produce materials: we are vital to ensuring roads can be built and maintained; we manufacture the concrete foundations for buildings such as schools and hospitals; and we are part of major infrastructure projects that will shape the future of the UK
The graduate geologist will gain as much experience as possible across the geology and engineering geology teams in the Hanson UK LMR department, developing specialist skills and practical experience in resource, environmental and engineering geology.
Development programme for future operational managers
The Land and Mineral Resources (LMR) department comprises a multi-disciplinary team responsible for managing property and mineral resources across all UK business divisions, including Marine mineral resources. Areas of responsibility include the procurement of land and mineral reserves and resources with the necessary permits to operate the UK businesses in a cost effective manner. Specialist disciplines include land management, planning, restoration and aftercare, mineral resource identification and assessment, quarry and tip design, geotechnical issues and land surveying.
- A degree, preferably a 2:1, in geosciences and preferably with a resource geology bias
- Ability to express yourself through both verbal and written communication
- Strong numerical, analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent IT skills, including the full suite of Microsoft applications
- Full, clean driving licence for UK travel
- 27 days holiday
- Leading pension scheme offering with generous contributions from Hanson.
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more.
- Ongoing training and development and opportunities to help further your career.
- A comprehensive structured induction programme.
- Experience within a well-respected global market leader.
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Cycle to work, voluntary Life assurance.
- Access to discounted private medical benefits
- Paid day off to Volunteer every year
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice