Graduate Trainee Marketing Manager 2021
Working at Hanson is about being part of One Team. We operate around 300 manufacturing sites in the UK and employ over 3,500 people in a wide range of roles from production workers, plant operators, technicians and drivers to sales, IT, engineering and finance managers. We are part of the HeidelbergCement Group, one of the largest building materials manufacturers in the world, employing over 45,000 people at 2,300 locations in 40 countries.
Our aim is to be a leading sustainable business and we are committed to being fair, respectful and inclusive and are an equal opportunities employer. We exceed customer expectations through an engaged team that is professional, responsible and reliable. We believe in working safely and sustainably, focusing on a zero-harm workplace and our ambitious target to reduce our CO2 emissions by 50 per cent by 2030. Our employees understand that we do much more than just produce materials: we are vital to ensuring roads can be built and maintained; we manufacture the concrete foundations for buildings such as schools and hospitals; and we are part of major infrastructure projects that will shape the future of the UK
- To gain as much experience as possible across Hanson UK, developing operational, commercial and leadership skills.
- Development programme for future operational managers with Hanson's UK
- To support the marketing and communications team by working on key projects including internal, product and corporate communications.
- Review product literature and work with commercial and technical teams to update and promote
- Develop communications calendar and manage social media content across all channels
- Create website content in line with Hanson's SEO objectives
- Develop and review first draft of internal announcements
- Organise, manage and supervise internal video content (working with freelance videographer)
- Product development – work on developing new products including research and launch strategies
- Support and develop specific corporate and product communications campaigns
- Coordinate regional and national events
- Case study coordination and development
2:1 Degree in English language or journalism
- Excellent written skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong communicator
- Good presentation skills
- Full driving licence and ability to travel as required
- Flexible working style
- Competent project management skills
- Ability to manage diverse workload
- Proficient in MS office (specifically PowerPoint)
- 27 days holiday
- Leading pension scheme offering with generous contributions from Hanson.
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more.
- Ongoing training and development and opportunities to help further your career.
- A comprehensive structured induction programme.
- Experience within a well-respected global market leader.
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Cycle to work, voluntary Life assurance.
- Access to discounted private medical benefits
- Paid day off to Volunteer every year
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice