Graduate Trainee Quantity Surveyor Manager 2021
Working at Hanson is about being part of One Team. We operate around 300 manufacturing sites in the UK and employ over 3,500 people in a wide range of roles from production workers, plant operators, technicians and drivers to sales, IT, engineering and finance managers. We are part of the HeidelbergCement Group, one of the largest building materials manufacturers in the world, employing over 45,000 people at 2,300 locations in 40 countries.
Our aim is to be a leading sustainable business and we are committed to being fair, respectful and inclusive and are an equal opportunities employer. We exceed customer expectations through an engaged team that is professional, responsible and reliable. We believe in working safely and sustainably, focusing on a zero-harm workplace and our ambitious target to reduce our CO2 emissions by 50 per cent by 2030. Our employees understand that we do much more than just produce materials: we are vital to ensuring roads can be built and maintained; we manufacture the concrete foundations for buildings such as schools and hospitals; and we are part of major infrastructure projects that will shape the future of the UK
- To gain as much experience as possible across Hanson UK, developing operational, commercial and leadership skills.
- Development programme for future operational managers with Hanson UK
- Assist the Contracting business in a Quantity Surveying function. Working within a team to manage the commercial performance of projects in terms of maximising revenues and minimising costs in order to deliver schemes on or ahead of budget.
- In addition, the individual will gain as much experience as possible across Hanson UK, developing operational, commercial and leadership skills.
- Support Quantity Surveying team in general administration of contracts.
- Establish financial management and control systems for contract execution.
- Involvement in procurement and engagement of sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Manage revenue, cost, cash collection and the reporting function during the life of all allocated contracts, in line with company requirements.
- Prepare and agree applications for payment with Clients including agreement of on-site measures
- Prepare and agree subcontractor payment certificates for allocated contracts.
- Produce financial and commercial reports and forecasts as required – Monthly CVR's
- Report on unsafe practices observed when visiting sites.
- Comply with Company procedures, authority levels and processes.
- Support operational and Health & Safety teams to work towards our goal of ‘Zero Harm'
- Embrace and develop continuous improvement across all areas, including: efficiency, productivity, operational and administrative processes
- Adopt to, and learn from, different management teams and business areas
- 2.1 Degree Chartered surveyor/ Quantity Surveyor
- Enthusiasm for personal and professional development
- Determination to succeed, develop and go beyond the requirements of the programme
- Ability to persuade and influence colleagues to consider or adopt new and alternative ideas or methods of working
- 27 days holiday
- Leading pension scheme offering with generous contributions from Hanson.
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more.
- Ongoing training and development and opportunities to help further your career.
- A comprehensive structured induction programme.
- Experience within a well-respected global market leader.
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Cycle to work, voluntary Life assurance.
- Access to discounted private medical benefits
- Paid day off to Volunteer every year
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice