Service Associate 2021
Looking to kickstart or grow your career with a FTSE100 organisation? Then look no further because Hargreaves Lansdown are looking for talented people just like you!
We are a Bristol born and based organisation, with over 1700 colleagues and are the UK’s number 1 investment platform for private investors. Our vision is to be “the UK’s most client obsessed organisation” and our Service functions lead the way with helping us to achieve these by providing an outstanding client service every day.
We are looking for talented, friendly people wo are eager to learn, have ambition and enthusiasm and bring a different perspective to HL.
At HL, we don’t just make a different to our clients, we also care about our colleagues and the wider Bristol Community. You’ll have the opportunity to join one of our colleague network groups, have up to 2 days paid volunteering a year and help us to raise money for our chosen charity of the year through our HL Foundation and get involved in some of our fundraising initiatives. Find out more about HL’s networks, colleague development and wellbeing support here.
- A varied role which includes a telephone servicing aspect.
- Supports the delivery of operational targets for the team
- Takes personal responsibility for delivering the work allocated within the required timescales, and responds accurately to client enquiries by telephone, email and letter.
- Follows all processes accurately and diligently, complies with all relevant regulation and legislation and achieve the highest possible standard of accuracy.
- Identifies and escalates issues, where appropriate, to the Service Manager.
- Supports the team's risk and control activities to ensure good client outcomes and risk management culture.
- Works constructively, positively and pro-actively with teams, Managers and the wider HL Team to achieve consistently high levels of performance and client satisfaction.
Why come and work as a Service Associate?
- Play a vital role in helping us achieve our organisational vision and strategy
- Learn all about our clients, HL and products and services which acts as an excellent foundation to build your career here
- Work in role which makes a difference to our clients every day
- Learn, grow and develop every day
Supporting you: Your onboarding and your career development
- To apply for the role you do not need to have financial experience. We’ll provide you with extensive training to help you feel prepared to speak to our clients and help them with their queries.
- As part of your onboarding you’ll attend induction sessions, find out more about HL, the opportunities available and meet other new starters.
- You’ll have side by side coaching to help you get up and running with the role
- Have access to a mentor to support your development and other learning resources and tools
- Secondment or shadowing opportunities
- Support moving to other internal roles either within the Service area, we have plenty so there is a lot to learn.
Hear from a colleague who previously worked in Operations and has now become a Senior Equity Analyst in our Content Team – this shows how a Service Associate role can help to kickstart or grow your career.
Starting in operations was the perfect springboard for my career, and gave me an unrivalled introduction to HL. I had real hands on experience learning all about markets, trading and how our platform works, as well as developing a deep understanding of our clients’ needs. It was this experience that allowed me to progress to my current role, and I still use the technical knowledge and connections I developed across the business every day.
We’re looking for people who
- Enjoy working as part of a supportive team
- Have excellent communication skills
- Are able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Have a desire to learn and develop
- Are focused on delivering outstanding client service
The recruitment process & how to apply
- Round 1: To apply, please click the Apply Now button!
- Round 2: Video interview
- Round 3: Interview to include scenarios
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't tick every box. If you're excited about working for us, and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
Hargreaves Lansdown is an inclusive employer that values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
Please note, we are unable to provide employment sponsorship to candidates.