BSG Executive Loughton 2024
Haslers are a leading firm of Chartered Accountants, Business Advisers, Tax, VAT and Corporate Finance specialists based in Loughton, operating for a variety of clients in various sectors throughout Essex and Northeast London.
As a complete financial service centre comprising 11 Partners, our work is uniquely integrated covering the full spectrum of a business lifecycle. As such our clients grow with us – for over 70 years we have been committed to providing high quality, personal bespoke services to help businesses prosper.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a university graduate to join a well-respected Accountancy firm. The BSG Executive will work with clients to produce their accounts and carry out onsite audits under the supervision of more senior staff whilst studying for the ACA exams.
- Carry out audit and accounts assignments either in the office or at client’s premises using Haslers’ IT systems and ensure appropriate regulatory processes are adhered to.
- Complete basic accounts preparation work including working with sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies.
- Financial analysis and reconciliation as required.
- Prepare draft accounts assignments and VAT returns for clients.
- Liaise and effectively communicate with clients to obtain client records and relevant information needed to carry out the work.
- Any other financial and administrative tasks as required.
- A minimum 2:2 degree, preferably in Accounting and Finance, although related degrees will be considered.
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points preferably in academic subjects.
- Minimum Grade 6 or above in GCSE Maths & English Language.
- Willingness to study for the ACA examinations is essential.
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written English.
- Confidence to build internal and external relationships.
- Highly numerate and IT literate.
- Enthusiastic, willing to develop and a good team player.
- Candidates must have a full clean driving licence and be prepared to purchase a car within a few months of joining the Firm so that they can travel to clients’ premises.
What We can Offer You
- Excellent career opportunities in a well-respected growing Accountancy Firm
- Structured on the job and sponsored training programmes for professional exams
- Flexible working & a strong ethos to support staff wellbeing and work/life balance
- Prospects for promotion available for outstanding candidates once exam qualified
- Opportunity to get involved in Firm wide social, charitable and environmental initiatives
- Competitive salary and benefits including
- Wellbeing allowance of £375
- Paid Birthday Day off
- Paid Volunteering Day
- Pension scheme- Employer pension scheme, Haslers contribution increases with length of service.
- Great holiday allowance which increases with length of service
As an equal opportunities’ employer, Haslers is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
All information submitted to Haslers will be treated in line with GDPR regulations.