Energy & Sustainability Graduate Consultant 2022
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
The job exists to provide sustainability consultancy in the HDR sustainability division. Working across the division and services to perform a support and delivery function. Assisting with and ensuring the services meet the needs of our Clients and are delivered successfully against internal requirements.
To effectively deliver sustainability tasks with appropriate supervision whilst co-ordinating with internal divisions and project teams, other project disciplines and the client.
Support and advise internal and external project teams in specific aspects related to modelling related solutions.
At all times and / or with an appropriate member of the division’s leadership team or designated person:
- Reasonably understand the technical quality audit system. Undertake technical quality audits on your own work and of others as required.
- Accurately maintain a wide range of manual and computerised records/management information and media in accordance with the quality systems. Providing guidance to junior colleagues to meet the required business standards.
- Effectively work independently or as a part of a team to meet business requirements, as required both within the office, remote working environment and during site visits.
- Maintain appropriate level of courtesy and professionalism in dealing with other people, both internally and externally, with the ability to ask questions and exchange information using tact and diplomacy to achieve a satisfactory outcome.
- Carry out any other duties which fall within the broad spirit, scope and purpose of this job description and which are commensurate with the grade of the post.
- An Environmental / Sustainability / Energy / Building Services / Engineering related Bachelor's degree, or equivalent in a relevant subject. A Masters degree, or equivalent in a relevant subject is desirable.
- A form of accreditation in any of the following is desirable: DEC ABBE/APEL, ESOS, LCC, LCEA level 5, OCDEA.
- Awareness / understanding of one or more of the following is desirable:
- Climate Change
- Energy Modelling
- Daylight Modelling
- Working in a consultancy service within a busy office environment.
- Awareness and understanding of managing varied content across both internet and intranet platforms.
- Health and Safety Awareness.
- Personable self-starter with the ability to project a positive ‘can do’ and professional attitude at all times.
- Ability to cope with frequent and varied tasks and prioritise workload according to the needs of the Service, maintaining good working relationships at all times.
- Awareness and understanding of project management and supervision skills is essential. Developing skills in project management and supervision is desirable.
- Awareness / understanding of at least one of the following is desirable: IESVE or equivalent, STROMA FSAP or equivalent.
- Able to establish excellent rapport and good working relationships within the Sustainability team(s), company, project teams and with Clients.
- Good organisational ability and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle a varied workload and keep to tight deadlines.
- Awareness / understanding of equal opportunities and other people’s behavioural, physical, social and welfare needs.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.