Graduate Sustainability Consultant
At HDR | HPF, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR | HPF is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
At HDR | HPF, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR | HPF, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
- Assist in providing consultancy on a wide range of energy and environmental projects.
- Support team members and team leaders as required.
- Prepare deliverables such as permit applications, reports, presentations, proposals and other documents as required by the team.
- Maintain good relationships with our clients, and deliver the highest level of service to contribute to winning repeat business.
- Work on defined tasks under limited supervision with some autonomy.
- Responsible for checking the quality and accuracy of own work.
- Responsible for the production of routine letters/ reports and other documents from standard templates.
- Responsible for the effective organisation of information and documentation e.g. filing and compliance with QA procedures etc.
- Production and/or verification of content of corporate environmental reports, SECR annual reports, and development of carbon reduction strategy.
- Responsible for meeting agreed deadlines, and working within agreed budgets, timescales and targets, and for raising potential issues with the team leader as soon as possible.
- Contribute to and comply with HPF company policies and procedures (incl. those related to the environment and Health & Safety).
- Develop an understanding of new and up and coming legislation and how it will impact our business and our clients.
- Contribute to internal ‘knowledge share’ of best practice.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities where appropriate with existing and new clients (with the support of colleagues).
- Energy/Sustainability/Science/Engineering related degree or equivalent.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Knowledge of industry specific statutory legislation and other appropriate standards.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- The ability to project a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Personable and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Able to establish rapport and good working relationships within the project team and Clients.
- To be able to work as part of a team and collaboratively and co-operatively.