Operations Internship Wellingborough 2024
We are looking for people to fill a wide range of our operational projects.
Up to 9 weeks of hands-on experience during the University breaks, supporting on one of our Iconic business projects with the potential to be fast tracked to our graduate management programme.
You will be empowered to be your best, in a supportive culture where your hard work will be recognised, and your contribution valued.
Selection focus will be on competencies such as problem analysis, decision making, working with data, planning and organisation, communication, team working and innovation communication, team working and innovation.
You will open doors to future opportunities, while really developing your knowledge and understanding of our industry. You could also take a big step towards a place on our graduate scheme providing you with a long-term career path to become one of our front-line leaders.
Purpose of the role
To take the first step towards gaining as much experience as possible across Heidelberg Materials, developing operational, commercial and leadership skills.
- Development programme for future operational managers in any of Heidelberg Materials business lines in one of our 300 sites.
- Support operational and Health & Safety teams to work towards our goal of ‘Zero Harm
- Embrace and develop continuous improvement across all areas, including efficiency, productivity, operational and administrative processes
- Adopt to, and learn from, different management teams and business area
- Learn and adhere to company policies and procedures and apply these to daily task
- Develop excellent communication strategies within a highly diverse work environment
- Gain and develop knowledge of the key production areas within one of the following business lines Aggregates, Asphalt, Concrete and Cement.
- Organise day-to-day operations, with guidance from the management team, to ensure appropriate levels of staffing and materials
- Ensure employees are adequately trained to carry out their duties
- Participate in regular management meetings to ensure smooth running of an operation or area
In the Internship Programme you will be required to:
- Get to know how we engage with our customers to find innovative solutions
- Gain familiarity with our products
- Learn all about how Heidelberg Materials works as an organisation
- Develop your skills analysing complex situations and creating the best strategy to maximize our objectives
We would like to see evidence that you can:
- Examine an issue, form an opinion, and make a choice
- Enthusiasm for personal and professional development
- Determination to succeed, develop and go beyond the requirements of the programme
- Ability to persuade and influence colleagues to consider or adopt new and alternative ideas or methods of working
- Communicate at all levels within the business with respect
- Work as part of, and lead, a team in daily activities and deadline driven project work
- Assess and respond appropriately to a range of situations
The Recruitment Process
The stages of recruitment to join our internship will be as follows:
- Submit application
- Complete online assessment and a pre-recorded video interview
- Insite day - consisting of a 10-minute presentation and an interview.
Embrace significant, hands-on projects as an integral part of our internship initiative. Come join our team of talented, committed, and inclusive members, and through our internship program, gain a distinctive insight into the building materials industry.
On track for a 2:1 in the below subject, in the final two years of university:
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Competitive Salary
- The chance to gain experience across departments and business lines or in your chosen specialism
- One to one coaching
- Formal training
- Professional development
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Fast track to the graduate programme