Sports and Lifestyle Internship 2021
Hill + Knowlton Strategies has worked with adidas for close to 30 years and has been behind some of its most talked about campaigns. We are the PR agency of record for adidas Sports Performance globally and the lead Sports Performance PR agency for the adidas London Newsroom. At the start of 2020, the whole adidas team at H+K were brought together into one dynamic and multi-skilled team for the first time.
Work is fast paced, varied and challenging, as the team plan and activate campaigns on a global and local level. Global work is focused on planning, strategizing and implementing creative PR campaigns and the UK team is focused on media relations, content creation and creative activation of campaigns. The work done by the team takes a story-first approach rooted in PR but often breaks free from traditional barriers of what a PR campaign looks like.
We’re looking for fresh energy and perspectives to join the team, so if you’re hard-working with a passion for sport culture and strong communications skills then we’d love to hear from you. Get in touch and tell us why you want to join our team!
An internship at H+K is the ideal platform to launch your career and take a first step in establishing yourself as a communications specialist, gaining experience working on some of the world’s biggest brands.
- Assisting the team with editorial outreach, including media sell-ins and organising product drops/requests for media & bloggers
- Taking responsibility for a regular trends update to the team - monitoring news media and social media for new developments relevant to sports culture
- Identifying exciting new media, creators and influencers that the team should consider working with
- Maintaining and regularly updating the administrative elements of accounts (including coverage charts, agendas, coverage folders, media list etc.)
- Monitoring for coverage of the brand and wider media to keep the team and clients abreast of relevant industry news
- Desk research for campaigns and creative ideation
- An active role in contributing to team ideation sessions
- Assisting the team with managing event/photoshoot/press trip logistics
- Handling entry level data and insights processes related to coverage analysis
What we're Looking for
- An interest and ambition in the creative industries – with a focused interest in PR, the media and/or digital marketing
- The desire to learn quickly and a positive, driven attitude to work
- An appetite for current affairs and sports culture (with a particular focus on youth culture)
- Knowledge of – or interest in - the UK media landscape
- Good knowledge of social media platforms, with first-hand experience of the core channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok)
- A strong teamwork ethic
- Excellent communications skills and strong written ability
- Proactivity and initiative
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritising skills
- The opportunity to develop your PR & digital skills under the guidance of some of the best in the industry
- The chance to gain first-hand experience in PR & digital working with one of the most popular brands in the world
- The opportunity to play a valuable role in the team and contribute ideas and insights to the team’s work
- Exposure to high-profile campaigns
- The chance to play an important role in a passionate and supportive team
- The opportunity to join one of the world’s most respected, award-winning communications agencies