Graduate Audiovisual Designer 2021
We are one the UKs leading Engineering Consultancies. We have a new opportunity for a driven and motivated Audiovisual Graduate. The Audiovisual team is a mixed team of 7, all with widely varying backgrounds and experience. We are open to all courses, qualifications or experiences – ultimately, we are looking for the right personality, flare and drive to join and develop within the team.
You will work as part of our growing team to deliver a wide range of exceptional projects across a range of sectors. We provide a wide range of design services, from corporate/commercial AV, meeting rooms and video conferencing to background music systems, cinemas, stadia, retail, immersive artworks, sculptures and soundscapes.
The Audiovisual team is part of the wider Intelligent Building Group (IBG) providing an engineering and design talent pool, surfacing a blend of skills, majoring in the core disciplines of; Audio Visual (AV), Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) and Connected Services / Smart Buildings (CS).
The Intelligent Buildings Group was set up in 2014 and consisted of a head count of three employees. The group has now grown to 25+ employees and last year was the most successful to date with the opportunity for exciting growth over the next 3 to 5 years.
The majority of the projects are from direct external clients including Sky, WPP, Museum of London, Victoria and Albert Museum. You may be required to travel occasionally but would as standard be primarily be based in our Kings Cross London office (of course, Covid-19 circumstances dependent at present).
What You’ll Be Doing
Depending on your degree / personal experience you will assist the design and production of Audiovisual systems, including developing drawings, details, rack layouts, schematics, AV system concepts and assisting our production of high-quality design packages. You will have the opportunity to coordinate closely with the ICT, Acoustics, and Electrical teams and attend Design Team Meetings.
As a graduate, it is likely that you will learn the majority of the AV design work on the job. You will learn the way we work, growing with the others in the team. We all work together to deliver high quality projects & innovative designs.
As the industry increasingly shifts to 3D design collaboration tools, you will develop skills in 3D environment using a combination of Revit, CAD and SketchupPro.
What can we offer you?
As a highly successful multi-disciplinary international firm of building services consultants with a focus on the built environment, we can offer a wide array of projects to be involved with. Our design-led service is supported by our commitment to innovation and design excellence. Our innovative approach extends beyond the work we deliver, we are constantly challenging the working methods we employ to create more efficient ways of working or use of latest technology which benefit the team and our clients.
- We typically look for graduates from Acoustic engineering, Music Technology, Live Sound courses, but are open to all
- Interest & experience in some of the related fields of audio / video / production / music / theatre is a must
- You have an interest in AV technology and staying on top of industry developments and innovations
- We are open to degree graduates, tech or arts courses
- An understanding of CAD, 3D, Sketchup or similar modelling software is an advantage
- Excellent communication, analytical and organisational skills
- Previous placement or work experience in a similar industry is of interest
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- A friendly, ambitious and confident individual with a flexible and resilient approach
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary and both core and flexible benefits including. These include:
- Private medical scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients
- Active support towards further professional accreditation
- Friendly and dynamic team working environment
- Collaboration with specialist groups, with strong commitment to quality
- Opportunities for career progression
- Flexible working
Hoare Lea is an award-winning engineering consultancy with a creative team of engineers, designers and technical specialists. We provide innovative solutions to complex engineering and design challenges for buildings.
Irrespective of the scale or complexity of a project, we provide a full range of MEP, environmental and sustainability services, bringing buildings to life and ensuring that they perform in operation as well as they look.