Graduate Mechanical Engineer 2021
Are you an aspiring design engineer looking to make a difference to the world around you? Do you want the chance to grow, learn, and be supported by industry leaders? This ever-changing world will be shaped by the buildings put into it; and we know it’s often the newest minds who have the brightest ideas.
As a graduate engineer, your day-to-day tasks will vary, as we’ll expose you to all aspects of our work so you can discover what suits you. You could produce detailed designs and drawings, use the latest computer modelling software, undertake site surveys, or research ground-breaking technologies. Communicating will span all of these, as we regularly liaise with project teams, meet clients or end users, and attend collaborative meetings.
What can we offer you?
As a leading international firm of consulting engineers, we didn’t build a 150-year legacy by standing still. The built environment is where our design-led work can carve out a better future for the planet and its people. For us, it’s about putting heart, soul, innovation and sustainability into the buildings we work on. You will receive the best training and development through our Initial Professional Development scheme, which is accredited by all three of our governing bodies in the industry. We recently won the IET long running scheme award recognising 25 years of continuous accreditation. We are committed to the ongoing professional development of our graduates and support you towards achieving Chartered Engineer or incorporated Engineer status.
- An expected or achieved 2.1 or above IMechE or CIBSE accredited degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- A masters or other relevant post graduate qualification is an advantage
- Previous placement or work experience in a similar industry is an advantage
- An understanding of CAD or similar modelling software is an advantage
- Excellent communication, analytical and organisational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- A friendly, ambitious and confident individual with a flexible and resilient approach
About Hoare Lea
For over 150 years, we have been at the forefront of engineering design for the built environment. We specialise in mechanical, electrical and public health (MEP) engineering, offering a full range of design services, and as an independent partnership, we’re the largest firm of consulting engineers of our kind in the UK. We’re focused on growth, both in the UK and overseas, and have an impressive project portfolio covering everything from simple feasibility studies to some of the biggest schemes in the world.
We stick to what we’re good at and encourage all of our people to influence the way things are done. We’re large enough to provide stability and opportunity, and small enough to recognise our people as individuals; this has led to a culture of flexibility, individualism and organic growth. We have high levels of employee retention because our people like working for us, and many of them are the most skilled and experienced in the industry.
Why Work For Us
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary and both core and flexible benefits. These include:
- Private medical scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients
- Active support towards further professional accreditation
- Friendly and dynamic team working environment
- Collaboration with specialist groups, with strong commitment to quality
- Opportunities for career progression
- Flexible working arrangements