Compliance & Risk Placement Bracknell 2024
At Honda we embrace inclusion in our various policies, so whilst our contracts state that the hours are as required to fulfil the role with a minimum of 35 hours per week, we offer flexibility for when you work.
The regular office hours are 08:00 – 16:00 Monday to Thursday with a half hour lunch break & 08:00 – 13:00 on a Friday. However, we offer flexibility of when you work with our daily flex-time start of between 07:00 and 11:00 providing that there is no business requirement.
Whilst there is no contractual right to work from home, the flexibility we offer is that you can request to work from home for a maximum of 50% of the working days in any one month, again providing there is no business requirement to attend the office.
This role is suitable for an individual who would like to experience working in a regulated Compliance and Risk function.
The role provides experience of working in the department responsible for the oversight of compliance with regulations of a regulated company within the financial services sector. The role will provide an insight into the main activities of a compliance and risk function including:
- Knowledge of existing regulation and upcoming changes.
- Regulatory reporting.
- Activity monitoring.
- Risk awareness and how risks are managed.
- Supporting the compliance and risk department to ensure HFE meets its legal and regulatory obligations.
- Assisting in the collation of information for regulatory returns.
- Assisting in the dissemination of company and regulatory information to HFE associates.
- Carrying out scanning of regulatory and industry body websites to identify upcoming consultations and changes.
- Logging and filing emails that are received in the compliance inbox.
- Checking and filing breach reports in the Riskonnect tool.
- Helping with 4 eyes checking activity as required.
- Any other activities as required by the Compliance and Risk team.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Must be an undergraduate, undertaking a business-related degree, looking for a placement as part of their studies.
- IT skills and proficient in the use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Analytical mind, with ability to see end to end process.
- Ability to work with and interpret regulated communications.
- Highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work alongside other departments to resolve payment related queries.
- Full training will be given so experience is not essential.
Honda is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in the workplace for all employees, temporary workers, contractors, applicants and visitors. Honda also encourages respect for the individual differences and talents of others while making full use of one's own abilities, based on Honda's philosophy of respect for the individual.
At Honda, we value and celebrate diversity and are committed to being a fair, non-discriminatory company that promotes and welcomes the uniqueness and differences of people around the world. We recognise that a diverse workforce allows for different ideas and perspectives, and we encourage everyone to share them.
We strive to foster a culture of belonging that is consistent with Honda's core values and lived out in the way we work and respect each other. For us at Honda, diversifying our workforce means increasing its overall strength by providing people with equal opportunities - regardless of personal characteristics or previous careers.
This commitment flows directly from the Honda philosophy and the belief that we are all working towards a common goal. Honda recruits, hires, trains and promotes the most qualified/experienced individuals at all levels without regard to race, origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristic.