Are you looking to join a rapidly growing diverse group, alongside like-minded people who want to challenge the status quo? Do you want to start your career in an independent business with a uniquely creative culture, controlled by the people who work for it? How would you like to become a part of a business which has shared values, an encouraging culture, and a vision to succeed?
Howden Group is made up of more than 8000 people in over 40 territories who are working together to build something different in insurance. Founded by 3 men and a dog, Howden Group has always been employee-owned and driven by an ambitious, driven, and entrepreneurial way of thinking.
People come to Howden Group for lots of different reasons, but they stay for the same one: our culture! That’s what sets us apart, and why we nurture and retain the best talent in the market. Whatever your priorities – work/life balance, career progression, sustainability, or volunteering opportunities - you’ll find like-minded people inspiring change at Howden Group.
What will you be doing?
- You’ll be working as part of a collaborative team who provide claims advocacy for high profile national and international clients which includes technical advice and supporting clients faced with large and complex claims.
- You’ll ‘learn by osmosis’, attending Client meetings which will include renewal meetings/claims review meetings plus looking at claims trends affecting a client and their industry.
- We also need you to work on your own portfolio of clients, be the day to day claims contact and approach claims handling by “going the extra mile” ensuring the team’s high standards are maintained by doing all they can for clients.
- You will also need to provide support on bigger clients where there is a two person account handling requirement– reading/understanding notifications, dealing with day to day correspondence and shadowing the senior handler at claims review meetings etc. All of this whilst keeping accurate records and adhering to the company’s processes and procedures.
- You must have the ability to communicate with colleagues and clients effectively as well as engage with Insurers and challenge them where necessary to achieve the best outcomes for clients. We need you to be self-motivated, a team player, well organised and able to work under direction or on your own.
What is in it for you?
- Structured training and day to day support to learn how the insurance market operates
- Tailored training to develop their client skills and commercial awareness
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Training and development opportunities
- Benefits including: Private medical insurance, Cycle to Work scheme, Tech vouchers, charitable giving, Gym memberships, and many more
What do we need from you?
- A degree (or equivalent), level 2:1 or above, completed by September 2020 and within the past 4 years
- A strong drive with a commercial mind-set
- Adaptability for working independently and as part of the team
- A willingness to learn
- Be able to adapt to different working environments
- Able to focus and meet deadlines
- Able to communicate in an appropriate manner
Process & Timelines
- Initial CV submission and application
- Online testing
- Shortlisting (w/c 23rd November)
- Assessment centre (w/c 7th December)
- Start date - mid-January