Junior Account Handler
Are you looking to join a rapidly growing diverse group, alongside like-minded people who want to challenge the status quo? Do you want to start your career in an independent business with a uniquely creative culture, controlled by the people who work for it? How would you like to become a part of a business which has shared values, an encouraging culture, and a vision to succeed?
Howden Group is made up of more than 8000 people in over 40 territories who are working together to build something different in insurance. Founded by 3 men and a dog, Howden Group has always been employee-owned and driven by an ambitious, driven, and entrepreneurial way of thinking.
People come to Howden Group for lots of different reasons, but they stay for the same one: our culture! That’s what sets us apart, and why we nurture and retain the best talent in the market. Whatever your priorities – work/life balance, career progression, sustainability, or volunteering opportunities - you’ll find like-minded people inspiring change at Howden Group.
What will you be doing?
- You’ll be supporting the team to provide a comprehensive service to our customers. Whether it’s new-business, renewals, or mid-term changes, we need you to make sure our customers’ needs are best satisfied through suitable cover and pricing.
- Working with the senior members of the team, attending meetings, and managing projects for the Professional Indemnity Team
- We need you to review client documentation, collating requirements, and work with our clients to ensure queries are resolved, as well as crafting market presentations, producing high-quality market documentation, and take ownership for data management, credit control and record keeping when required.
- You’ll have the opportunity to build and maintain strong and meaningful relationships with internal partners and external contacts, as well as working with other teams through referrals to make sure we provide the best service to our clients.
- We also need you to be aware of all of the regulatory, industry, and legal developments
- Obviously we’ll need you to maintain the top-level service our business provides, as well as adhere to policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements
What is in it for you?
- Structured training and day to day support to learn how the insurance market operates
- Tailored training to develop their client skills and commercial awareness
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Benefits including: Private medical insurance, Cycle to Work scheme, Tech vouchers, charitable giving, Gym memberships, and many more
What do we need from you?
- A degree (or equivalent) in any subject, level 2:1 or above, completed by September 2020 and within the past 4 years.
- A strong drive with a commercial mind-set, with the ability to use your initiative.
- Adaptability for working independently and as part of the team.
- A customer-focused approach, with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Resilience, analytical thinking, and having a strong attention to detail will be key elements needed for this role
- Strong initiative, and a determination to learn and develop in a fast-paced, ever-changing commercial environment
Process & Timelines
- Initial CV submission and application
- Online testing
- Shortlisting (w/c 23rd November)
- Assessment centre (w/c 7th December)
- Start date - mid-January