Global Asset Management Graduate Programme
On this competitively paid two-year graduate programme, you will complete four rotations, each lasting six months, to build your knowledge of either our Sales or Investment practice within Global Asset Management.
What you can expect
In our Global Asset Management business, we develop and look after investment management products and services for international clients – from individual retail customers and major multinational enterprises through to sovereign wealth funds and financial institutions. Through this programme, you will see how we collaborate with different areas of the bank to meet the needs of our clients.
You’ll gain an insight into HSBC’s long history, in either the UK or Hong Kong. You will have the opportunity to explore a number of areas within Global Asset Management, learning from experts who understand our broad client base and know our products, services and capabilities. We will also introduce you to people of all cultures and backgrounds, support you in serving international clients and guide you in becoming a future leader at HSBC.
What you will do
By completing rotations across Global Asset Management within either our Sales or Investments stream, you will gain valuable insights into our processes, client approaches, design strategy, product trends and international impact. During your rotations you will discover the importance we place on protecting the interests of our clients.
- For those joining our Sales stream, you will develop your interpersonal skills, as you liaise and build relationships with clients, be it digitally or in person. You will also develop your communication and presentation skills, building your knowledge of investment themes, products and solutions, consolidating this information and relaying it to clients.
- For those joining our Investments stream, you will develop your analytical skills, be it with micro company-specific analysis or macro top-down research. Intellectual curiosity and problem-solving are key, as you will gather, assess and interpret financial information.
Learning and development
We offer a high-quality learning and development programme. You will start with our Global Graduate Induction, which will take place for all graduates joining our global businesses. This will provide you with an overview of HSBC, as well as an opportunity to network with your 2021 global graduate peer group and colleagues in the business.
Once you have completed the Global Graduate Induction, you will join our Technical Training which will provide you with an understanding of how everything in the bank fits together, along with a mix of technical and regulatory training. The Technical Training is also an ideal opportunity to start building your own global network, which will prove invaluable as your HSBC career unfolds.
We’ll provide the support, tools and opportunities for you to drive your own career development. Your training will be carefully structured, with events and other opportunities to build your wider HSBC and banking knowledge. You’ll have regular access to business leaders for coaching and advice, while constructive feedback will enable you to measure your performance.
Who does this suit?
We are looking for curious and dedicated people who are:
- Strategic leaders. Being able to lead a team in a risk-managed, strategic manner is important for ensuring our business meets client needs and we promote the best investment solutions. You should be motivated by the opportunity to provide better ways of working for our clients
- Business-minded team players. You will communicate with peers and clients every single day, so it is important to bring an empathic, yet professional attitude to your work. Showing that you have a thorough understanding of our business needs is important in giving our clients confidence in your advice and service
- Opportunity takers. We are an international company that offers opportunities to driven, courageous people. Taking the chance to deliver more effective projects or learn from senior leaders will show that you’ve got the motivation to succeed in our Global Asset Management business
- Versatile learners. Being able to interpret the needs of our clients and adapt to new environments is necessary in solving investment, product and business challenges. Collaborating with various teams is a valued quality and you should be passionate about what you can achieve together
What can this lead to?
If you excel here, you can go into:
- A specialist role, where you’ll help develop our investment capability
- A customer-facing role within one of our distribution channels
- A role in developing our product and client strategies
From there, you will have the opportunity to develop your capabilities and grow your career in the direction which is right for you, including progression to a senior management or leadership position over time.
Minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree and 120 UCAS points or for those who passed exams before 2017, 300 UCAS points (or equivalent, excluding General studies)
Please be advised that you should apply for one HSBC Graduate Programme only. Candidates with multiple applications will be progressed on one application.
The base location for this role is London, although we offer opportunities globally, please refer to our website for further details. Please make sure that you will have the right to work in the UK at least until the end of the programme.
At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures, connected to our customers, communities and each other, and dependable, we do the right thing. These are the values that guide us every day. We seek to recruit people who share these values and will help us to sustain them.
Application openings will be:
UK Applications open: 2 September 2020
UK Applications close: 5 January 2021