Continuous Improvement Graduate 2021
THG is one of the world's leading online beauty and wellbeing retailers, home to premium brands such as lookfantastic, ESPA, GlossyBox, and Myprotein; all of which are powered by our industry-leading and award-winning technology platform, THG Ingenuity.
Our 10,000+ employees represent 108 nationalities and work in offices located in 11 cities around the globe. Our culture is fast- paced and unique, we recognise great achievements with great rewards. To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey. THG believes in the power of meritocracy. We invest in the development of our people to help everyone achieve their full potential.
About Acheson & Acheson
THG acquired Acheson & Acheson in 2018 to bring full service, product development & manufacturing in-house to supply innovative branded and THG Beauty Brand products to the industry. Capabilities include:
- In-house market knowledge & trends
- End-to-end service from idea generation through to manufacturing and launch
- Technical, commercial and production expertise
- Outstanding customer service
About the Role
A fantastic opportunity to work at a leading global cosmetics company in the South West of England. We are looking to recruit a talented graduate to develop within this vital area which ensures continuous business improvement.
This is a permanent role, and if successful you will be enrolled into our 12-month Graduate Training scheme which will support your ongoing professional learning & development. Within this role you will be involved in developing your understanding of all areas of the Continuous Improvement areas of our business functions. This is the perfect development opportunity for anyone looking to start a career within a fast paced, growing company.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Implementation of improvement activities. Actively seeking, developing, and implementing continuous improvement ideas.
- Implement, improve, and maintain operational system layout.
- Update relevant zone documentation to support zero defect manufacturing.
- Implementation of related corrective and preventative actions.
- Scheduled maintenance, programming, and breakdown repair of the manufacturing equipment.
- Timely completion of internal and external audit actions.
- Processing of new ideas and processes to drive improvements across the operational space.
- Degree is essential, ideally in mathematics, engineering or equivalent.
- You will have knowledge of continuous improvement best practice solutions, as well as excellent knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies.
- Previous experience in an operational environment (is advantageous).
- Working knowledge of operational process stages and test systems.
- Must be PC literate with experience of Microsoft Office (Including Word, Excel and PowerPoint). SAP is advantageous.
- An understanding of Lean and KPI process.
- Understanding of technical investigations, problem solving and improvements.
- Competitive Salary
- Access to THG Academy, our in-house L&D team
- Structured Graduate Programme offering Leadership and Development training as well as Soft Skills training
- Excellent progression opportunities