Graduate BI Engineer 2021
THG is an international technology company and leading online retailer, home to premium brands such as lookfantastic, Myprotein, and ESPA; all of which are powered by our industry-leading and award-winning technology platform, THG Ingenuity.
THG is now listed as a FTSE100 company after going through the largest IPO from a UK based Technology company.
Tech at THG
Technology is the driving force behind THG, and it starts with our people. We are ambitious with our goals and challenge conventional thinking. THG Technology is different because we support every single person to make massive impact and drive their own work. Our people are always learning, and we work every day to ensure our technology, from our software platforms, to our hosting services, to our M.L capability and beyond, is world class. This enables us to keep powering THG and our partners on a global scale.
About the Role
As a BI Developer you will have the task of delivering high-quality software and highly performing software systems within an Agile environment. You will be a pivotal part of our Business Intelligence and Data function, implementing best practices and aiding the wider team to deliver great solutions.
- Working towards or has a computing related degree.
- Provide analytical and development skills across a range of business areas, producing timely documentation and ensuring proposed solutions are fit for purpose.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and reports as required.
- Adhere to team standards for processes and documentation.
- Proactively improve existing skills, taking on new technical skills as appropriate, and continuously seek to expand business knowledge.
- Conduct thorough analysis and diagnosis of problems.
- Monitor evolving IT trends and business requirements, working with third parties to identify and assess appropriate tools/solutions as required.
- Develop and maintain automated reporting solutions
- Experience and/or knowledge of BI solutions
- Eagerness to learn
- Logical thinker with an understanding of procedural logic
- Ability to cope with a fast-paced environment where priorities change to meet business needs
- Work effectively both individually and as part of a team
- An understanding of data visualisation principles
Technical Experience Required
- Experience and understanding of SQL
- Ability to use Microsoft office suite
- Experience in developing with a database engine e.g. SQL Sever
- Understanding of Database Design and development principles
- Understanding of Data modelling methodologies
Technical Experience Desired
- Experience in design and development of data cubes within SSAS
- Experiences in developing reports within Tableau or other similar data visualisation software
- Have experience in creating/managing Stored Procedures, Database Triggers, Transactional model
- Experience in developing SSIS Packages using various data sources
- Experience in developing and deploying SSRS reports.
- Able to administrator SSRS server against permissions and structure
- Understand data cubes within an SSAS environment
What's in it for me?
- Competitive salary, plus a performance related bonus
- Build solutions using the latest technology
- Work alongside genuine industry experts
- Continuous development through THG Academy, our in-house L&D team
- Staff discounts on THG brands and Hale Country Club
- On-site doctor, physio and barber
- You'll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you've learnt