Graduate Events Executive - THG Experience
THG is one of the world's fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty, Wellness and Fashion sectors, in over 160 markets.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious - we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 7,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
About the division
Welcome to the home of experiences for those who are looking for something a little more. Experiences that go beyond the standard, so when you step into one of our hotels, enjoy our health clubs or enter an event, you feel that you part of something irresistibly different.
Somewhere that has an energy, an attitude, somewhere that feels familiar because you can feel that it’s a place that is as ambitious, unique and as exciting as you are.
We have recently completed the acquisition of two of Manchester best luxury hotels in King Street Townhouse & Great John Street Hotel, which along with Hale Country Club & Spa and several other sites under development form our THG Experience division.
The successful candidate will form an integral part of our events team and help deliver our vast portfolio of events ultimately giving our online brands real world experiences.
- Assisting the events team with their annual events calendar, ranging from popup events, to staff engagement parties or influencer events and many more.
- Accompanying the team and participating in both internal and external events
- Supporting the events manager with logistical and administrative support where required
- Maintaining records of all internal bookings to our THG Properties e.g. venue, catering, accommodation and taking payments
- Assisting with creative proposals specifically around sourcing quotes from suppliers and maintaining those relationships
- Keeping up to date with new event trends and reporting these back to the wider events team
- Attending all meetings to act as a second point of contact
- Helping set up and dismantle events efficiently through to completion
- Ensuring all branded items for events arrive on time and in a presentable condition
- Maintain and manage event databases, folders and timelines
- Implement best practices and standards whilst onsite to ensure premium delivery is maintained across all events
To apply for the role, you need to complete the task outlined below and attach your completed campaign to your CV, or email your CV & completed task to Richard.Howard@thehutgroup.com with the subject title “Events Executive Grad Application”. Please note, applications submitted after 18:00 on Friday 4th December 2020 may not be considered.
THG Ingenuity is a proven enablement platform for frictionless, end-to-end digital commerce, with its ability and value demonstrated by the Group’s digital leadership positions in the Beauty and Nutrition categories.
- THGIngenuity brings new brands to the THG Family and works with them as clients
- THG Ingenuity have gone to the Events Team for ideas on how they can reward their clients over the Christmas period by offering them a supplier/client event.
- 2 events to be delivered Thursday 17th & Friday 18th December to hold around 10-15 people per event.
- Budget guide is £50 - £85 pp
The Event Brief
KPIs & Considerations
- Ensure all high level clients are receiving a premium experience to reward them
- The event format needs to allow for a THG Staff member to give an introduction to the event and opportunities to interact with the clients
- The event needs to be after working hours – recommendation on timings and duration would be required
- Approach to physical / hybrid and virtual events should be considered and with this the location or software to be used
- Ideas on how we can inject THG branding into the event to enhance the experience for them
- Proven project management skills
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Confident with all Microsoft Office packages
- Creative and used to thinking outside the box
- Excellent networker
- Passion for events
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Personable and presentable
- Eager to contribute new ideas
- Events Management degree is preferred but not required